Home

NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: IGN Pre-E3 Hands On

There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #18
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.
This is very promising. I don't understand all the hate for this game and all the praise for Madden. Oh well I know I'm getting the game day 1 and when the teambuilder application drops I will be obsessing over it.

Thanks for stopping by I can imagine it gets difficult with all the negativity and immature people who post here.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Sheesh.
Thank you for commenting and dousing the negative comments. I am eagerly awaiting this release and appreciate all your input thus far.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #20
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
This is very promising. I don't understand all the hate for this game and all the praise for Madden. Oh well I know I'm getting the game day 1 and when the teambuilder application drops I will be obsessing over it.

Thanks for stopping by I can imagine it gets difficult with all the negativity and immature people who post here.
I haven't been here much cause I've been very busy with the game. I have pretty thick skin, just sometimes I have to stop myself from replying to things!

As far as the Madden and NCAA stuff, it is probably cause Ian does such a good job with his blogs. He also gets to talk about the gameplay changes as Madden pays the bills, and then all NCAA can talk about is our non-gameplay elements (the NCAA specific gameplay stuff is still being kept quiet). It really gives the impression that Madden is being made for the hardcore gamers while NCAA is for the casual crowd.

I just wish people would stop posting how Madden 10 is so much better than NCAA 10... considering nobody has played them.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #21
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09.

Great to hear!

Quote:
...and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

What could this be? I really don't have any idea. Admittedly, I'm pretty focused on Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #22
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I haven't been here much cause I've been very busy with the game. I have pretty thick skin, just sometimes I have to stop myself from replying to things!

As far as the Madden and NCAA stuff, it is probably cause Ian does such a good job with his blogs. He also gets to talk about the gameplay changes as Madden pays the bills, and then all NCAA can talk about is our non-gameplay elements (the NCAA specific gameplay stuff is still being kept quiet). It really gives the impression that Madden is being made for the hardcore gamers while NCAA is for the casual crowd.

I just wish people would stop posting how Madden 10 is so much better than NCAA 10... considering nobody has played them.
I hear you. I'm anxiously awaiting any type of news you guys are able to post in the hopefully near future.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks OMT for sharing some of the gameplay aspects that ign missed in their article. Can't wait to hear what this new gameplay addition you mentioned is gonna be.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #24
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

They need to shake up their NCAA team, another year of them not focusing no gameplay and giving us fluff we don't care about. Create a school is ok...but fix the product on the field first. Common sense.

Edit:

Didn't read the post above...well that is encouraging. I'll still believe it when I see it, but that holds true with Madden also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »