Home

NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: IGN Pre-E3 Hands On

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I haven't been here much cause I've been very busy with the game. I have pretty thick skin, just sometimes I have to stop myself from replying to things!

As far as the Madden and NCAA stuff, it is probably cause Ian does such a good job with his blogs. He also gets to talk about the gameplay changes as Madden pays the bills, and then all NCAA can talk about is our non-gameplay elements (the NCAA specific gameplay stuff is still being kept quiet). It really gives the impression that Madden is being made for the hardcore gamers while NCAA is for the casual crowd.

I just wish people would stop posting how Madden 10 is so much better than NCAA 10... considering nobody has played them.
Well rest assured that there are a number of people here that really appreciate the work you and the rest of the staff do. Also, there will also be some Debbie Downers who can never fully enjoy a game because they always look for something wrong than the many things that are right.

I actually like that many of the new gameplay changes have not been announced... its not a bad thing to be excited when you open the box on release day to see what is new. I wonder why so many people think about games in the past and how much they loved them... probably because they didn't sit on a website picking the game apart for months before and after it has been released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #26
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I just wish people would stop posting how Madden 10 is so much better than NCAA 10... considering nobody has played them.
qft...
Old 05-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
qft...
Woah! What?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #28
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I have always been and will always be a NCAA guy. But I think many people (myself included) see Madden as the big brother because it seems to get more attention in terms of press and advertising.

Additionally, Madden seems to get the "best" features one year before NCAA. Pro Tak would be the obvious example this year.

While I do not like this, I realize that Madden sells better than NCAA so it is a smarter business model for EA to give Madden more resources.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Pro-tak is in ncaa as well as far as I know. I remember Ian saying forming the pocket was not possible without it, but we have yet to see 9 man gang tackles in ncaa so I could be wrong. Maybe this is the big game play element yet to be mentioned?

Old 05-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanforlife21
Pro-tak is in ncaa as well as far as I know. I remember Ian saying forming the pocket was not possible without it, but we have yet to see 9 man gang tackles in ncaa so I could be wrong. Maybe this is the big game play element yet to be mentioned?
I believe it's already been stated that the 9-man gang tackling and fumble pile-ups are Madden only. but yes, the pocket protection is in NCAA 10, and it uses technology that Pro-tak does.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
This is very promising. I don't understand all the hate for this game and all the praise for Madden. Oh well I know I'm getting the game day 1 and when the teambuilder application drops I will be obsessing over it.

Thanks for stopping by I can imagine it gets difficult with all the negativity and immature people who post here.
Um... Maybe because Madden has actually looked as if it's made strides in the right direction whereas NCAA looks pretty much the same with a few added game modes. Ian has done well by communicating with the community, implementing things that we've asked for whether it be gameplay, cosmetics, or presentation. He's kept us informed about what's been going on, and what they've added. In all honesty, it looks pretty good. NCAA on the other hand looks as if it's made minimal changes, gameplay or otherwise(They still can't manage to add team colored cleats) and has pretty much been left far behind Madden.

This article somewhat confirms my fears. Of course OMT is going to say he disagrees. What else would you expect him to say? "Oh yeah, our game really hasn't made strides in any area", and I am by no means bashing OMT. This stuff just gets tiresome, and we fall for it every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 20

But they have focused on gameplay this year. We got a pocket and OL DL interactions, new ai, and bunch of other things (check solidice's thread). What besides the terrible dl and speed getting out of hand and robo qb was wrong with the gameplay? Havent this all been fixed for this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »