Home

Out of the Park Baseball X Preview

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball X Preview within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7
I've been playing since OOTP 5 and I will be buying the game. I, like PeckinOrder, play out all my games and do not find the financial system hard either.

The OOTP boards are no worse than these, in fact I find them much more helpful. They are sticklers in that they would like you to use the search function, but if you have a question that can not easily be answered by doing a little research then they are really helpful.

I find it annoying here when guys come on and start the 457,326th thread about the announcers saying something about the "little things" thread in The Show or similar.

Anyway, if OOTP delivers on most of what they have promised for X it will be huge. IMO, this is already the most immersive game there is on the market.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
Pro

zukes's Arena

Re: Out of the Park Baseball X Preview

If the OOTP Forums are really that much of a pain to other people, we could probably get a decent one going here too. I only play solo, but I could take a stab at any questions you have about the game.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Out of the Park Baseball X Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
If the OOTP Forums are really that much of a pain to other people, we could probably get a decent one going here too. I only play solo, but I could take a stab at any questions you have about the game.
We have a small group of people here who play or are just starting to play.

I want to echo what Zukes said that if anyone has a question they should just ask in our Baseball (Other) forum. I'm sure we'll be able to point you in the correct direction

Twitch Stream
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9
I frequent the forums at OOTP and they are like anywhere else. Some good guys and some bad guys...

As far as the game, if you are a fan of the game of baseball in any format, then you are doing yourself a disservice by not picking this game up. The last version I got was OOTP 2007 which was phenomenal IMO. 9 was supposed to have been good and I am breaking down and getting X now. I can't wait for it to come out and if some OSers start a league, sign me up. Markus needs to go ahead and create the perfect version of the baseball game and then start working on basketball and football before he gets to old to use a computer. Imagine a football sim with the depth, features and replay factor of OOTP....sigh
Old 05-15-2009, 05:38 AM   #13
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Yeah about that Bobby..... I had a league made up of guys in my high school and a couple of other guys in my youth group, we had a helluva time. Some of the team names we used were the Holy Sox (me) the New Jersies, the Chill Breeze, etc. I remember the guy that ran it would never let anybody read the manual for the game. He liked to stock up on players that got hot in the postseason, and none of us knew what that player streak code meant because he kept the damn manual locked away. No internet like we have now to look things up.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #14
Rookie

I'd also be glad to lend a hand to someone in need. Been around since '02 on the boards, and am always at the ready to help if i can... ok i have no life lol
Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Got to agree, at least partially, with Stain. The fan-boys on the OOTP forums can be very rude and relentless. They need to adhere to the golden rule of tech forums..."if you don't have anything nice(constructive) to say, don't say anything".
Prob wouldn't keep me from buying the game.

What will is, if this year's MLB roster set produces ridiculously unreal numbers as version 9 did. That is an umbrella statement I realize but, I'm not going to get into the specifics of it now. I spent wayyyyy...wayyy to much of my time trying to explain this to the OOTP fanboys on the forums last year. Was not a pleasant experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
A couple of things about the review. How does a pitcher have awesome stuff if he only has one average pitch?

As far as the negatives in this review, isn't it hard to have negatives unless you have actually played it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »