Home

New Hawk to Give “Thrill of Skateboarding Like Never Before”, News Coming at E3

This is a discussion on New Hawk to Give “Thrill of Skateboarding Like Never Before”, News Coming at E3 within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: New Hawk to Give “Thrill of Skateboarding Like Never Before”, News Coming at E3

Depends on how it's implemented for me.

I personally couldn't get into skate., though; to me it was way too hard. I can understand why it got all the praise it did, but it wasn't for me.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: New Hawk to Give “Thrill of Skateboarding Like Never Before”, News Coming at E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
New on "Tony Hawk"...ROCKETBOARDS!!! Add these rockets to your skateboards to get massive air. Complete 7 minute air combos! Grind on the Moon, or even Mars!
The sad thing is, they've already done that.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I seen the board tonight on Gametrailers TV. Very innovative. It might take the nation by storm the same way Guitar Hero and Rockband did. Always got to remember you have some gamers who like totally interactivity and not just using regular controllers.

I give Tony Hawks props for always reinventing himself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Does someone want to explain to me how this thing is going to work? Like, if I actually have to do a kickflip to, y'know, do a kickflip, then I'm royally screwed if I attempt to play this.

This will either revolutionize skating video games, or completely kill Tony Hawk. I'm also not surprised at all that Activision are behind this.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I foresee incident reports about plastic boards crashing through plasma screens attempting to pop shove-it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-15-2009, 02:51 AM   #14
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

As long as it's not required I'll still give it a week long rent at least. No more extra controllers!

Also if DDR is any indication I'm probably too tall/clumsy for that thing. Far as innovative Sega already did this,three times apprently: http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=top...detail&id=2942 (and the not mentioned Ollie King)
Old 05-15-2009, 03:41 AM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

No you literally don't have to do a kick flip to do a kick flip. But I honestly think this will catch on for the hardcore skaters out there and for the casual gamers who want to try something different.

I mean hell Wii Wave Boards are flying off shelves even to this day. So I can imagine the tony hawk board will fly off too.

And as far as Sega's thing, that was 12 years ago. The market wasn't ready for such a thing, like it is now. The Wii system popularity has shown the market is ready for innovative ways of playing videogames other then using a standard controll pad.

Look how well Wii sports is selling. And how well the Wii Wave board with all the fitness games and other games that are made for that board is selling like crack.

Nobody thought people would pay almost $200 for Rockband accessories, but that game and Guitar Hero has sold like crack too. Even to this day I can go to Best Buy and see people playing Rockband demos in the store for HOURS.

So yeah, this Tony Hawk thing will sell well. It's different and that alone will cause people to want to try it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #16
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I'll reserve judgment until we know how it controls and actually is used, but I'm skeptical...

The Wii Fit board I can understand buying for multiple games, but I'm not sure I'll drop $100+ for a peripheral used on only one game. I'm also really wondering how fun this'll make the game, since it's not like Rock Band where you can simulate guitar or drums in a fun manner...I guess I'm failing to see how it's easy to replicate a jump, spin, etc on a stationary board.

We'll see, just very very skeptical this'll be fun for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »