Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments Part II

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments Part II within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments Part II

EA has posted another Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 blog. This is part II of their live tournament talk.

Quote:
"Last week we released lots of information regarding our new Live Tournaments feature. Seems like everywhere you turned there was a story, video or blog to be taken in. Live Tournaments is such a large feature that it was hard to sum up in a couple days of media announcements. There are so many nooks and crannies in this mode that I thought I would spend some time focusing on a few of the areas I have received the most questions about regarding Live Tournaments."
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote taken from blog :

"As in years past, the player is able to restart their tournament round at any time prior to submitting a round score to the leaderboard. This is a luxury that the boys on the PGA TOUR do not get offered, but this is a video game after all and we wanted to make sure that players had the ability to truly post their best possible score."

This is the exact problem with this game. When are these guys gonna get that on the TOUR difficulty mode I want it to be as realistic as possible? You start a round and you finish that round and that IS YOUR SCORE. No restarts, no buying of extra chances etc. etc. It's fine for the beginner levels, but come on...disappointing.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

Re: TW10 Latest Blog Entry...Live Tournaments Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemj23
Quote taken from blog :

"As in years past, the player is able to restart their tournament round at any time prior to submitting a round score to the leaderboard. This is a luxury that the boys on the PGA TOUR do not get offered, but this is a video game after all and we wanted to make sure that players had the ability to truly post their best possible score."

This is the exact problem with this game. When are these guys gonna get that on the TOUR difficulty mode I want it to be as realistic as possible? You start a round and you finish that round and that IS YOUR SCORE. No restarts, no buying of extra chances etc. etc. It's fine for the beginner levels, but come on...disappointing.
My understanding is that this is primarily for the casual user. I look at this as nothing more than playing a practice round in essence because while there are no limits on number of times you can play a certain tournament, you can only submit one score. It is not perfect by any means, but the interface is tunable from the server side if community feedback expresses limitations on number of tries for tourneys. I have a feeling unlimited attempts will be limited in TOUR Pro and this higher difficulties.....at the end of the day, this is VASTLY improved over what we have had the past 3 years.....
Old 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
My understanding is that this is primarily for the casual user. I look at this as nothing more than playing a practice round in essence because while there are no limits on number of times you can play a certain tournament, you can only submit one score. It is not perfect by any means, but the interface is tunable from the server side if community feedback expresses limitations on number of tries for tourneys. I have a feeling unlimited attempts will be limited in TOUR Pro and this higher difficulties.....at the end of the day, this is VASTLY improved over what we have had the past 3 years.....
Agree that it does seem vastly improved, but why not just make it black and white? You tee it up in a TOUR Pro round and your score is your score. If you want to practice then practice offline.

It would feel 1000% more realistic if I knew that EVERY shot counted and that after 9 I couldn't just decide to start over and shoot a lower score going out.

Once these guys tee it up in the real Tour there isn't any going back unless you WD. That's how it should be on the highest level of difficulty in TW10 and beyond.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemj23
Agree that it does seem vastly improved, but why not just make it black and white? You tee it up in a TOUR Pro round and your score is your score. If you want to practice then practice offline.

It would feel 1000% more realistic if I knew that EVERY shot counted and that after 9 I couldn't just decide to start over and shoot a lower score going out.

Once these guys tee it up in the real Tour there isn't any going back unless you WD. That's how it should be on the highest level of difficulty in TW10 and beyond.
Could not agree more....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

I'd be happy if all the courses were unlocked to start, so we could actually practice on them!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:16 AM   #7
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I'd be happy if all the courses were unlocked to start, so we could actually practice on them!
Yea i agree.

I'm looking forward to this game especially since the U.S. Open course is in this year.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments Part II

That's a little disappointing that even on Tour Pro they can keep trying on tournaments. All I can think of is people out there with way too much time on their hands playing through a tournament round over and over until they practically memorize each shot based on the weather and conditions.

It should still be fun though, hopefully we don't see people putting up crazy scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »