Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: new hands on at gamespot

Good to see the Defensive assist that is in NCAA 10 is in Madden as well.. i wonder what other features got in from NCAA (online franchise PLEASE GOD) lol

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

I really like the new injury feature.

The fact that I can send an injured player into a game (with lower ratings based on the injury) and risk further injuring the player is a really nicee addition this year.

This is something I over looked when reading about it before. This year is looking to have the most potential in a long time for any football game.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
Good to see the Defensive assist that is in NCAA 10 is in Madden as well.. i wonder what other features got in from NCAA (online franchise PLEASE GOD) lol
I do think that online franchise will be at E3 for Madden this year. They haven't said to much about franchise and I am betting that is the reason why.

defensive assist is a nice addition as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

I think that depending how bad the injury is that the injury rating should decrease. So if you sprain your ankle, the injury rating should go to 10. If you break something, injury should be at 3
Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea the game is look great in this video accept a few things that need to be adjusted before it goes gold. But I trust Ian in what he is doing. So I ain't worry to much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

That's a pretty drastic decrease...you're saying if a lineman twists his ankle, his injury should go from 87 to 13? I say give an option to perform quick treatment (in the case of an OL with a twisted ankle, more tape! ), but still have the likelihood of a more severe injury increase...but don't make it so if you call a play the guy's foot'll fall off...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #23
Rookie

burne's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Because Madden 10 is still a work-in-progress, there were a few small things that were in the pre-E3 build that we expect to be fixed the next time we see the game. The most noticeable was pass speed, which was ridiculously slow in the build we played. Developers admitted as much, and we expect our next look at the game to fully differentiate between lob and bullet passes, even despite the slightly slower pace of the overall game.
This peeves me. I'm wondering whether the pass speed was actually broken and unrealistically slow, or if the GameSpot journos are just complaining about the fact that pass speed is finally realistic. It makes passing harder because you have to anticipate and lead, and that's a good thing. However, I can see how some people who are used to the old Madden passing mechanics will think that it's broken and way too slow.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #24
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by king525
"madden moments" the only new thing that it mentions in the article.
Madden Moments was in Madden 09, I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »