Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (Joystiq) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Joystiq Impressions: Madden NFL 10 (5/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
if its like what we saw when jimmy fallon played the game and dropped back 30 yards and threw a bomb that was caught over 2 players it hasnt changed
They set it that way on rookie/pro for the casuals.

You don't want to alienate a lot of the people who played previous years of madden...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
This isnt the only website to say it plays like the past games.
G4 said it too...

Joystiq/G4 are more overall gaming news sources. They don't have a certain person that reviews sports games and they don't go in depth either in terms of talking about them (that is, when they do which in itself is rarely).

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-18-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

The people saying Madden plays the same as last year are people that played less than 10 games of Madden '09. I guarantee it.

Places like G4 and Joystiq are not the most reliable when it comes to sports gaming. They're better for analyzing World of Warcraft type stuff or "The Sims."
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

I think it's a bit funny that somebody who never played the game before, is criticizing Joystiq's impressions of the game (a site that actually played the game, that has been on point about a number of gaming matters over the years).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
I think it's a bit funny that somebody who never played the game before, is criticizing Joystiq's impressions of the game (a site that actually played the game, that has been on point about a number of gaming matters over the years).
KANE699 played it.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
I've never played the game before but still, to say that the game isn't taking any new approaches and feels the same is just in a way kinda mind blowing to me since this has to be the biggest change in madden that I can ever remember.

I'm not saying that they should get all positive and stuff but when a site says something like "The game feels exactly the same as 09.", it shows me that they probably didn't spend that long with previous maddens due to all of the additions being made to the gameplay of Madden 10.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
This isnt the only website to say it plays like the past games.

The "sim" improvements won't be noticeable to Joe Causal Gamer, they should be to OSer's and the hardcore.

If you are referring to IGN and Joystick, they aren't considered sports game reviewers or previewers.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Sorry, Kane already played it. I'll take his word over some gaming ragtag.

Oh, but that rights, I forgot, he was wined and dined, so, he will have bias.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
+1

It's too early to jump on websites for something you've never seen, only heard from developers who MAKE THE GAME. You guys will discredit yourselves by criticizing something you know nothing about. We are better than that here at OS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »