Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (1up)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (1up) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #17
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
It worries me that the linemen still act dumb
Old 05-19-2009, 04:14 AM   #18

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (1up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
It worries me that the linemen still act dumb
Its may...
Old 05-19-2009, 04:40 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 5 /10 1up.com Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I want this camera angle so badly...

Why must we be tortured every year with great angles that we never get in-game? Why?
This angle would be better suited for Superstar Mode as the QB. BTW, field turf looks very nice.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
This angle would be better suited for Superstar Mode as the QB. BTW, field turf looks very nice.

I disagree this angle would be great for in game, more eye level with the field so you can see your WR's and not be so pulled away from the action that it feels like you are controlling ants.

Next gen should get us closer to the action while still seeing everything on the field instead of just taking us further and further away from the action.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

All the hands on aren't much different than each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I don't want to be forced into a mode for this though. I'd rather they consider player lock or something. I just want to be able to easily select and customize my view.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #23
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
How is that a playable angle? It's a great picture... but you can't see your receivers. Unless you're just saying you want the camera at that zoom level and to use the right stick to change the vision field to look left or right... then I guess it might work, but it'll be a pain in the *** throwing any kind of quick patterns to the flat.
You can see your receivers as well as you probably should be able to from the pocket.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
How is that a playable angle? It's a great picture... but you can't see your receivers. Unless you're just saying you want the camera at that zoom level and to use the right stick to change the vision field to look left or right... then I guess it might work, but it'll be a pain in the *** throwing any kind of quick patterns to the flat.
Perhaps that would be a good solution. I played First Person Football for years, so your instincts about where guys are going to be heightens while playing after a long time. In First Person Football you use the right stick to move the players head. This however would force this view to be regulated to a mode and maybe give EA less incentive to have custom cams, which I think would not be ideal. I think custom cams would really be helpful.

I guess my deepest desire is to see a custom cam good enough to allow me to make this angle. I realize there are people who will have trouble playing that way, but it's perfect for me. I think what that says is that custom cams would be a win for everyone, because then we could make the camera's to our liking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »