Home

NHL 10 Video Blog: Dynasty and Be a Pro Fixes

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Video Blog: Dynasty and Be a Pro Fixes within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
NHL 10 Video Blog: Dynasty and Be a Pro Fixes

EA has posted another NHL 10 blog. This one shows off Dynasty and Be a Pro fixes.

Quote:
"n our continuing video blog series with the NHL 10 game Producers, Andy Agostini gives us a brief update on some improvements that the community has been asking about with regards to Dynasty and Be a Pro game modes.

In particular, Andy discusses rookie generation and having more variation with players in the game, trading AI and team management. He also touches on the simulation engine and scoring, and continues with moving your pro up and down the ladder and tweaks that should address some of the weighting questions some people have."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: New Dynasty Video Blog

Just the tip of the iceberg (I hope). I was hoping that he would address the over-abundance of ice time in BAP mode. I'm sure some people like playing 30 min/gm as a rookie forward and in all situations, but that's just not going to happen. If they want it to be a realistic experience, you should have to earn all that extra ice time, especially PP or PK time. Also, your coach should bench you for consistently extending your shift; really you shouldn't be able to determine when you're on the ice at all in "authentic BAP mode".

If the teammate AI and goalie controls were better, I'd love to do a long-term goalie BAP. I have one now that I toy with now & then, but even with tweaked sliders improving the AI's tendencies somewhat, it's hard to get into it. If they were more aggressive in their shot selection, that would be a good first step. And for the love of everything that is good, please stop our D-men from skating or passing the puck in front of the goal. Clear it up the bleeping boards!!!

As far as franchise goes, he mentions more info on trading and I hope part of that will be teams filling holes at the deadline, dumping FAs-to-be and trading picks to load up for a playoff run. I never made it far into an 09 dynasty, so if the deadline movement was improved from 08 to 09, cool. But there was all of one trade at the deadline in my 08 dynasty. Uh-huh...
Old 05-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Good stuff all around.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Things I'd like to see addressed.

-Restricted free agency.

-Need to have more trade activity and player movement before and during the NHL draft. This includes draft pick trades and maybe the occasional superstar trade (example, Olli Jokinen last year...maybe Vincent LeCavelier this year)...maybe adding in player moral and a trade block would help this out, similar to other EA Franchises.

- Better draft pool of players...maybe even having the ability to edit them in.

- Be able to get players away from the Euro teams...in 09, I basically took Jagr, Forsberg, Rey Emery, and a bunch of others and just put them in the free agent pool (along with a few select foreigners that could potentially make the jump, and some old faces that probably won't come back, but add a lil something to the franchise...think Alexsey Morozov and Pavel Brendl).

- Be able to play a REAL dynasty with the teams of the Euro-leagues...those were real fun on the PS2 and definitely added to the replayability of the game. I'd love to go in and play a legit KHL season and not have to edit teams into the game.

- Add in World Junior Teams...it'd be fun to incorporate these players into the first year draft pool...example, this year, you'd already have Victor Hedman in the game (he was really in the game on the MODO team), but you could have the Canadian WJC team and it'd be awesome to import these juniors into dynasty and have a realistic draft class in after Year 1.

All of these things are just a little adjustment here and there away from happening...nothing earth shattering in terms of advancement, but I think would really add to the dynasty.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry121283
- Add in World Junior Teams...it'd be fun to incorporate these players into the first year draft pool...example, this year, you'd already have Victor Hedman in the game (he was really in the game on the MODO team), but you could have the Canadian WJC team and it'd be awesome to import these juniors into dynasty and have a realistic draft class in after Year 1.
That wouldn't really work (or at least wouldn't be realistic) since a lot of the WJC players have already been drafted. They get drafted at 18 so all the good 19 and 20 year olds already belong to an NHL team even though they aren't with their respective teams in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I just hope they don't neglect flexible scheduling AGAIN.

I'm hoping I can play any game I want in dynasty mode.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
That wouldn't really work (or at least wouldn't be realistic) since a lot of the WJC players have already been drafted. They get drafted at 18 so all the good 19 and 20 year olds already belong to an NHL team even though they aren't with their respective teams in the game.
True, you could have it so just the 18 year olds get drafted.

Either way, I'd like to see the WJC teams in the game.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

Good stuff to hear being fixed, would be nice to see the BAP (and Dynasty?) scheduling bug fixed too. I know this has been mentioned here before, but I just recently started the 09-10 season in my BAP and there's nothing but 4 - 5 game home/road stretches on the schedule. Hell, I just recently played Jersey back to back at Prudential. 0_o

What I would really love to see though is an import feature that would let me carry my BAP player over to NHL 10 instead of making me start over and have to climb back up through the AHL all over again. It could simply transfer your career stats, unused XP points earned, and attribute ratings and then take you to the appearence and info edit screen as usual. Then you confirm any changes or what not and it'll start you at the beginning of the 09-10 season on the team you were on (though it would be awesome for them to add the ability to plug in the entire rosters and season data, so if you're 4 years into it your 09 BAP could pick it up in 10, but that seems like WAY to much of a hassle when it comes to player ID matching / creating).

WX

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »