Home

Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Screenshots: 11 vs. 11 Confirmed within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #25
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: 11 vs 11 Backbreaker screens!!!

Can't believe I registered to see those crappy screenshots.

Game is average at best, APF still looks better, and to think the guy in the thread was even dissing Ian Cummings.

For everyone else who doesn't want to be cheated out of viewing these by registering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Show routes 1.jpg (72.0 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg show routes 2.jpg (71.2 KB, 226 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 21

Agree re the NFL licensing points; it's just way too much of an advantage to expect any non-licensed game to be able to seriously overcome. And this game is even more disadvantaged than APF since it's pretty much being created from scratch. I really don't think much can be expected of this game, but all things considered... it doesn't look too bad. If they fix the player proportions (upper bodies look too lanky), get some dynamic stances, and they pay enough attention to the player interaction (and not just the tackles), then the Naturalmotion engine could be a treat to watch/play with

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #27
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Just curious about something, what's with the graph like thing over the pictures? I didn't see anything about it on the first couple pages in that thread...

I hope they let us choose if we want the glow or not because I don't like that look.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Just curious about something, what's with the graph like thing over the pictures? I didn't see anything about it on the first couple pages in that thread...

I hope they let us choose if we want the glow or not because I don't like that look.
Agreed, the scoreboard also looks very amateurish.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #29
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Wow, that does not appeal to me at all.

Here are my gripes:
Lighting
Field to Narrow
Players all look the same
Camera View
Logo in the right corner is a copy from the NBA!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #30

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That goes to my biggest concern about this game. The X's and O's and the actual football stuff.

When in zone will defenders maintain leverage. Will they play run force properly. Will contain be done right, etc.
I happen to think that's what's holding the game back. You have a new technology that you want to pu tin a game. That's a great thing and I look forward to it, but getting the complete representation of the game down is another story.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #31
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
I can understand the "concerns" that people have based on what I have seen. Because frankly that's all I have, everything I've seen looks awful to me, from the first tackling dummy videos a couple years back to anything since. Has any game, EVER, taken this long to develop? I seriously doubt it, given the fact that they're still talking like it's gonna take awhile longer.

What I don't understand is the people who are going off and supporting this game like it's going to start a revolution. We haven't even really seen the game in motion yet (like true in-game play)! Why not hedge your bets just a tad, people, and wait to see the game - maybe even play it - before you anoint it as the best football game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroehmerbasebal
Wow, that does not appeal to me at all.

Here are my gripes:
Lighting
Field to Narrow
Players all look the same
Camera View
Logo in the right corner is a copy from the NBA!

these were made just to show people that there is 11vs11.... they are still working on the game....

Actually this game has some really good lighting... it uses HDR like what Madden 07 used (which IMO had the most realistic look).. the day time games also look amazing. Its just that the view is very far away and these pics are resized by Behindshadows.

As far as the field looking Narrow... I don't know, it looks fine to me... and I believe APF 2k8 also looks similar.. it might be to scale.... Madden on the other hand, always seemed to have large fields....or maybe it was small players.

Like I said this is still being developed and these can be old shots.... so maybe they have new player models with different sizes.....or hopefully they will let us create our own....but I agree with you as far as the player models....

This Camera view is the one where you pull up the play....like in Madden... other wise the camera is alot closer.

in a couple of days... I believe Saturday, the new PR guy is suppose to release alot of info...but we'll see....

I'm just happy to see there are plays where the LB will spy the QB.... simple stuff like in real football... so I'll looking forward to more info, as well as the release date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »