Home

MX vs. ATV Reflex Update (1up, IGN)

This is a discussion on MX vs. ATV Reflex Update (1up, IGN) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
MX vs. ATV Reflex Update (1up, IGN)

1up and IGN has posted the following MX vs. ATV Reflex updates:
  • 1up: MX vs. ATV Reflex Preview (PS3)

Quote:
    "The "Reflex" subtitle comes from how you save your rider when you land any of these big air jumps. Because the analog sticks control your vehicle -- left analog stick controls the steering, right analog stick controls your rider -- you have a lot more control of not only your vehicle but your rider as well."
  • IGN: Pre-E3 2009: MX vs. ATV Reflex Hands-on (PS3)

Quote:
    "I'm a fan of all sorts of racing games, and especially technical titles like Gran Turismo because I enjoy the play between the steering, gas and brakes. In my time with Reflex, I found that the body control added another layer to this and actually made it noticeably more fun just to drive around because of this."
  • IGN: MX vs. ATV Reflex Screenshots (PS3)
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 89
Good Read
Old 05-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MX vs. ATV Reflex Update (1up, IGN)

Sweet, can't wait, I still play the hell out of Untamed. I still wish they would put out a Motocross/Supercross game only though, with official riders, tracks, and bikes, without all the other stuff.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
While all of the control changes seem great, perhaps the biggest change to the formula is that all of the terrain, every last bit of it, is deformable. As you ride over dirt, you'll leave a line in the ground, while driving through snow will not only leave a line but drag some of the snow with you as well, bleeding it into other bits of the course.

The cool thing is that the terrain deformation isn't just you cutting into the ground and leaving a hole. If you cut into the dirt, that dirt goes somewhere else, generally leaving short mounds on either side of your trail. If you throw on the front brakes and spin your rear tire in the dirt, you can build up a small hill behind your bike. Very cool stuff.
Hopefully ruts actually form and its not just a shallow dip from where everyone is using the same line. This needs to be especially true on the nationals where ruts are notorious for being long and deep

What I want to see.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #5
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Sweet, can't wait, I still play the hell out of Untamed. I still wish they would put out a Motocross/Supercross game only though, with official riders, tracks, and bikes, without all the other stuff.
I am just getting into Moto/Supercross and I am wondering is there an Official Game? Maybe an older one?

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
I am just getting into Moto/Supercross and I am wondering is there an Official Game? Maybe an older one?
Not really a great one, the last game I remember having official tracks was with Ricky Carmichael (MX Superfly)

If you guys have a PC, I would suggest getting MX vs ATV Unleashed. I have a few sites that are dedicated to providing new skins and realistic tracks if you want.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #7
goh
Banned

I don't like the sound of this but I haven't liked a motox game with THQ's name on it since Superfly. MTX Mototrax was my favorite. It looks pretty good at least. I'm much more of a freestyle fan than racing when it comes to this stuff.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

Another thought about the MX vs ATV franchise, they need to open the field up more. Having 20 AI for atleast the Supercross would add more competition, it's too easy to deal with the 6 computers (don't remember the exact number it's been awhile)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »