Home

NHL 10 Trailer: E3 09 Debut

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Trailer: E3 09 Debut within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
NHL 10 Trailer: E3 09 Debut

Check out the NHL 09 E3 debut trailer.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Steve_OS; 05-29-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 03:34 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
nhl 10 trailer via youtube

http://www.facebook.com/n/?profile.p...b2b7G826513G1b

http://www.youtube.com/v/Pj3y4ONQlYw...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/Pj3y4ONQlYw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

the official trailer. kinda low quality but it was all i could find better versions should be out soon.

the crowd looks really amazing.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: nhl 10 trailer via youtube

Nothing to really to get overly pumped about. It looks like it might be the opening video for the game, which as we all know isn't actual gameplay. I'll get pumped when I see actual gameplay with sound hopefully.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: The new trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
It looks great. One thing I noticed in the quick second he flashed on screen, was Milan Lucic's face seems to not be in (the early build of) the game. I really hope this is changed by September, and given his impact in Boston and since it's a tough guy year for the game, I would imagine his face will be in by the time it ships.

Initial impressions anyone?
Like I already posted in the twitter thread I was very impressed. Shame about Lucic, I hope they get a chance to update some of the cyber faces that weren't correct in 09 as well. I also really hope that the swiping at the puck from the knees on the Ovie goal, is something you can use defensively to clear your zone and also in the offensive end to try and shovel the puck ahead should you get checked.

The fans really do look fantastic so far and the little bit we saw of goalies looked great as well, that they can actually bat at a puck after an initial save and do it all in one fluid natural looking motion is great. Fighting looks like it could be fun too but after how fighting has been in the past couple games anything is an improvement imo. Great trailer, great first look at the game, and I'll tell ya, at 32 years old I feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas morning now waiting for September. Stoked I tell ya stoked.

Lots of sim elements that we loved from 2k, board pining, less tape to tape passing, combined with EA's graphics and presentation. What more can you ask for as a hockey/sports game fan?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Nothing to really to get overly pumped about. It looks like it might be the opening video for the game, which as we all know isn't actual gameplay. I'll get pumped when I see actual gameplay with sound hopefully.
Er you do realize they use actual gameplay to capture the intro (which I agree this is prolly the game's intro) just from different camera angles right? As a first look I thought it was quite impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #6
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Re: The new trailer

Quote:
Lots of sim elements that we loved from 2k, board pining, less tape to tape passing, combined with EA's graphics and presentation. What more can you ask for as a hockey/sports game fan?
Definately!Those are the two biggest things 2K Hockey has had over EA the last couple years(well always really). IF EA implemented them right, NHL 10 should be top notch.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 AM   #7
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Yeah, I just want to see LIVE gameplay before really getting pumped. It's cautious optimism. I really believe NHL 10 is going to be awesome, as long as things are implemented right. Something LIVE gameplay will help determine...kinda.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:10 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Yeah, I just want to see LIVE gameplay before really getting pumped. It's cautious optimism. I really believe NHL 10 is going to be awesome, as long as things are implemented right. Something LIVE gameplay will help determine...kinda.
Word I hear ya, though really if they just gave us 09 with more realistic board play, passing and goalies I'd be content. Prolly why I'm impressed with all the other little things like the crowd and such.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »