Home

Madden NFL 10 Preview: Online Franchise Revealed (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Preview: Online Franchise Revealed (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 10 Preview: Online Franchise Revealed (IGN)

cool thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #18
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Online chise is getting me kinda hype; however, I don't see how practical it will be. Everybody has to finish their game for the franchise to move onto the next week. This seems as if it could become problematic.

Has anybody has any experience with a sort of feature like this in another game(like NCAA 09)? I'd love to hear how smooth or awkard the actual league went. I don't mean to be negative, but having unreliable people hold up the whole entire league seems like it will make online franchise get real old real quick.
In NCAA 09 the commish would usually say "get everything done for week 1 in 3 days" or something like that. After the 3 days were up then he has the ability to sim ahead to the next week. Hopefully he will have the ability to say "alright guy A was active in trying to get the game going while guy B didn't make an effort. So guy A will win in the simulation."

That would suck if he didn't have that option because I could be sitting there trying to get a game going with the Patriots guy but since he doesn't try the game gets simulated and I lose.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #19
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
From the IGN article:

"..enjoying customized camera angles for every position on the field."

Thoughts? Customized cameras in??
Ya I think people are going to love it. Because they can finally choodr their own angles and stuff like that.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #20
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Online chise is getting me kinda hype; however, I don't see how practical it will be. Everybody has to finish their game for the franchise to move onto the next week. This seems as if it could become problematic.

Has anybody has any experience with a sort of feature like this in another game(like NCAA 09)? I'd love to hear how smooth or awkard the actual league went. I don't mean to be negative, but having unreliable people hold up the whole entire league seems like it will make online franchise get real old real quick.
Dmacho i did a league in NCAA09 last yr and it was excellent. Real smooth, no lag i loved it. We had up to 8 teams at one pt. of course some people flaked out ..so the commish was easily able to put that team on autopilot and the cpu took over until that person came back into the mix. The Commish tools were excellent you were able to sim games, reject results. The key is getting a fair commish. In my league we all knew each other so things were fair. During the offseason we set it up for a day everyone ( or the vast majority of us were available to participate. Im sure the dev team learned from ncaa so this is going to be real good i think.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #21
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

Well I think after a vertain amount of time the commish can give someone the win are make it a automatic tie between both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well I think after a vertain amount of time the commish can give someone the win are make it a automatic tie between both.
How would that work though ? Wouldn't that mess with stats and what not ? Would they just sim to next week ? If so, how will they ensure that the person who's unreliable loses the game ?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #23

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Nice. I'm lovin this game right now.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #24
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

IMHO I was in the best or at least one of the best OD's here on OS last year hosted by duane becca. Sure you will have a couple guys drop out early and that is what you want because you want (in NCAA's OD) because you need 12 commited players. We were all a little older, married, kids or some where in between and we advance really no more than 3 days a pop which was fine and sometimes we would advance daily if possible. It was a great group of guys that stayed in constant contact on the MSG board and it was really easy.

Trust me when I heard about NCAA and their OD I thought cool but I had never played anyting online besides COD4 and I thought it would be a mess. I couldn't have been more wrong. It was THE BEST thing ever added to any sports game IMHO by far. I hope and I think that EA learned from NCAA and any issues they had and they dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's and I think this is going to be an incredible implementation- one wanted for a while.

I mean you can have all your friends, legit sim guys, whoever you want in your chise and have it all right there without having to jump through hoops. It's gonna be great! Looking forward to more but man this made my day. I mean offline is cool but imagine doing that against your friends or guys across the country! It'll blow your mind. You just gotta get a good group of however many guys you want and roll with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »