Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Eagles @ Cowboys - Part 5 (Chase @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Eagles @ Cowboys - Part 5 (Chase @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
The NFL has been a TV icon since the1958 Colts Giants OT Championship game. So presentation is everything in a football sim. Madden has alway been a deep rich on the field experience...but came up short in the TV presentation department...that was the only difference between Madden and that other game 5 or 6 years ago...Eye Candy! Their announcers were actors, their cutaways, halftime and postgame presentations were on point...but their on the field game was never as deep as Maddens'! As long as the new additions don't take anything away from gameplay...I'm looking forward to it! Now just one hurdle left...online Lag!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11
Yo Steve...got any Texans videos? I can't believe they're rating is 75 this year...that's 3 point less than last year!
Old 06-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #19
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
1. You think so? I thought he stepped up and kind of just hucked it McNabb style. Didn't really seem overly un-McNabb like. If Pennington or someone had done it then I would be a little more concerned.

2. This was something I watched a good amount while playing overall. Basically they won't always follow the ball into their hands, but at some point they will turn to see where the ball is.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Eagles @ Cowboys - Part 5 (Chase @ E3)

One thing I noticed, is on that first run play, the trap with Westbrook, the offensive line started towards their appropriate blocking assignments (and it looked like it was gonna be a thing of beauty), but then they kind of got hung up on each other and blocked whatever, and it got stuffed in the backfield because of that.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 20

I like how its more realistic and he doesn't throw it perfect on the run

GO FALCONS!

NBA:Lakers

NFL: Falcons

NCAA: Ohio State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #22
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

I'm also amazed at the level of positivity towards these videos. People say presentation didn't matter... now I think they see why it does. It just changes the very dynamic of a product. Judging from what I'm seeing, presentation in Madden has a very bright future.
Yep.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
One thing I noticed, is on that first run play, the trap with Westbrook, the offensive line started towards their appropriate blocking assignments (and it looked like it was gonna be a thing of beauty), but then they kind of got hung up on each other and blocked whatever, and it got stuffed in the backfield because of that.
Yeah, at points the O-line still makes some weird judgment calls. During one game I played, there was an outside running play where the TE should have gone to the second level and blocked a DB. Basically it looked like the TE had the DB lined up, but at the last second he turned back and blocked a guy behind the play. It was wonky and pointed out to the developers at the very least.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #24
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

thanks for the info.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »