Home

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 Prepares to Enter the Virtual Ring (Press Release)

This is a discussion on WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 Prepares to Enter the Virtual Ring (Press Release) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 Prepares to Enter the Virtual Ring (Press Release)

John Cena(R), Undertaker(R), Randy Orton(R), Edge(R) and Rey Mysterio(R) to Be Featured on Front Cover of Best-Selling Fighting Videogame Franchise

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 2, 2009-- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAKK) today announced that WWE® SmackDown® vs. Raw® 2010 is in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™. Joining the prominent World Wrestling Entertainment® roster of WWE SmackDown/SmackDown vs. Raw licensed videogames, which have shipped more than 47 million units worldwide since 1999, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 is scheduled for release in Fall 2009.

In addition, five World Wrestling Entertainment® Superstars will be featured on the cover of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010. John Cena®, Undertaker®, Randy Orton®, Edge® and Rey Mysterio® will headline the new game, which promises to deliver player freedom never before experienced in the SmackDown vs. Raw franchise. More information about WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 will be unveiled surrounding SummerSlam®, live on pay-per-view August 23, 2009 from the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, Calif.

“John Cena, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Edge and Rey Mysterio are incredible WWE Superstars who represent the athleticism, creativity, individuality and strength of today’s live WWE programming,” said Brian Coleman, vice president, global brand management, THQ. “These powerful traits symbolize our vision to give players extensive creative freedom and make WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 the most authentic, entertaining and compelling simulation of live WWE programming to date.”

“The WWE SmackDown vs. Raw titles keep getting better and better, and we are honored to have such incredible classic Superstars as John Cena, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Edge and Rey Mysterio on the front cover of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 for all platforms,” said Nelo Lucich, senior vice president of interactive, JAKKS Pacific. “Their intensity and commitment to wrestling excellence epitomize the spirit of this year’s videogame.”

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 will be supported through a look at SmackDown vs. Raw franchise history at E3 2009 in the THQ booth – number 5300 in the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center. In addition, WWE Superstar Kofi Kingston™ is scheduled to sign autographs on Tuesday, June 2 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., while WWE Superstar John Morrison™ is scheduled to sign autographs on Wednesday, June 3 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

More information about the WWE SmackDown vs. Raw videogame franchise can be found at www.smackdownvsraw.com and www.thq.com.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Is that why Kofi got the win over MVP last night? Ha Ha! Hey I have a suggestion, online leagues or franchises where u can win championships, kinda like what FN R4 is doing. Create a guy and take him online to compete for championships.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 Prepares to Enter the Virtual Ring (Press Release)

BRING BACK GM MODE! NOW!...AND CREATE A TITLE!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:26 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 Prepares to Enter the Virtual Ring (Press Release)

I want to see to see yukes do a better job on 10 then they have in the past few years. 09 was decent compared to 08. But 10 needs to be better.Yukes needs put back in lobbies for online like was in 06 so online can be fun again. The wieght detection system really needs to be back in. Rey rey picking up big show is so unreal. The damage and pinning system need to be redone. Getting AI are human 2red in a matter of mins is So lame and stupid. And pinning people on 2 yellow. Needs to worked on back. But 09 overall was decent.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
they need 2 bring back what they had in 2008 version. EX. practiceing on your mic skill. Flirting with the girls back stage. just bring back all of that,cause that really made i story line really fun. Oh yea create your own finisher with a update to it would be great. i really hope all of this is in the new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah id like to see GM mode brought back cuz thats the best part of the game...it creates a play again percentage
Old 07-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Anyone care to explain to me exactly what's going on here? I'm not sure I fully understand the particulars of the situation surrounding this series...

http://kotaku.com/5305402/thq-and-ja...icense-renewal
Old 07-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Anyone care to explain to me exactly what's going on here? I'm not sure I fully understand the particulars of the situation surrounding this series...

http://kotaku.com/5305402/thq-and-ja...icense-renewal
Jakks/THQ's contract is up at the end of the year, with option to renew. Jakks apparently renewed, and THQ is saying that Jakks didn't consult them and Jakks doesn't have the authority to renew for both companies. THQ says they haven't decided whether or not to renew yet; so they want the court to stop Jakks' renewal on the terms that they don't have that power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »