Home

Gran Turismo 5 Vs. Forza Motorsport 3 (Blend Games)

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Vs. Forza Motorsport 3 (Blend Games) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Vs. Forza Motorsport 3 (Blend Games)

The one thing I take issue with in the article is the constant use of the word "racing" to describe the titles. I know why they do it, but from a purist standpoint (and admittedly there are more casuals than purists), these are not racing titles, but driving titles--see GT's moniker "the ultimate driving simulator". Racing is the just the context, not the emphasis.

Forza 3, for example, still appears to only have 8 cars on the grid.

I will, say, however, that if the next GT has a full grid, it might actually be real racing title this time around.

Rant over
Old 06-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
I only own a 360 and I can't afford a PS3, but truth be told, GT5 sounds a lot more attractive than Forza 3. I'd definitely buy a PS3 solely for GT5 if I had the money.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #11
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Polyphony Digital actually said GT5 is ready to be released, they are now polishing and polishing to make the final product perfect. I do believe Forza 3 will be a brilliant game, but I also believe that GT5 will knock it's socks off.

I think GT5 will be the best racing game ever. If they can make the racing as competitive as in prologue it will be an awesome game. With their visuals, now official WRC and NASCAR licenses, added damage etc. Forza 3 will struggle to beat that.
Maybe, I guess I just think it's somewhat comical that a game needs 2+ years for "polishing". If it needs that much time fixing/tweaking then it wasn't "done".

I'm sure this'll be a cool driving simulator...just not something I'll end up getting. I'm not buying a wheel for the PS3 when I'll only use it on one game, so just not worth it for me. Plus I'm not into cars/driving enough either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My take:

Both of these games graphics-wise are going to show off the power of their respective systems, so comparing in this area is going to be rather fruitless.

As far as gameplay and features go, both are obviously driving simulators and will be very similar and very lifelike, so far as the user driving his or her car. If you're a NASCAR fan, their inclusion in GT5 will obviously draw you to that game. Forza's supposedly-improved livery editor and community features such as car auctions, car set-up sharing, etc. draw me personally towards that game, though. Further, if GT5's car racing AI is still figuratively braindead and "on-rails" so-to-speak (as an owner of all four previous games, this was the case in all of them), I can't imagine it will be but so fun for people who enjoy a realistic challenge on-the-track out of their racing game of choice.

At this point I only have a 360, but even if I had both I'd pick Forza.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »