Home

Fight Night Round 4 Video: E3 Gameplay (Chase @ E3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Video: E3 Gameplay (Chase @ E3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #9
Supporter

OVR: 22
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Video: E3 Gameplay (Chase @ E3)

It's hard for me to remember a game that looked so good visually, but yet was still so painful to watch. Its really time to stop blaming those behind the controller, and recognize that maybe this game was meant to be played like this. Watching the video, its evident that these guys were trying not to mash, they were trying to set up their punches in a realistic way, but the game speed, and the non-existing foot movement cause this video to look exactly like the other gameplay vids that we've all seen. The movement (bobbing & weaving, blocking, and footwork) in general looks awkward. How can the game run at 60 FPS now, but the footwork still looks as it did in FNR3? EA should have seriously stuck to doing trailers, or showing this game in replay mode because that's about the only capacity that this game have looked impressive in. The actual gameplay footage has exposed this game. The punch output each round is something right out of a Rocky movie, which maybe fun to alot of people (hell this game is fun for me), but it doesn't do the sweet science any sort of justice.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

sliders= I dont care what those vids look like....

Lol I turned SVR06 into a sim....
Old 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
sliders= I dont care what those vids look like....

Lol I turned SVR06 into a sim....

Can you play with sliders online in ranked matches? Is there a slider to improve the foot work (not talking about making the game faster or slower)? Is there a slider to make the blocking and head movement look less inept? Will sliders fix the faulty system that is TPC? Its kind of funny that you say you don't care about gameplay videos, but yet took the time to comment twice.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #12
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
Can you play with sliders online in ranked matches? Is there a slider to improve the foot work (not talking about making the game faster or slower)? Is there a slider to make the blocking and head movement look less inept? Will sliders fix the faulty system that is TPC? Its kind of funny that you say you don't care about gameplay videos, but yet took the time to comment twice.
Who knows...

But I hate online, nothing but cheaters, companies need to focus more on single player anyway *cough TW & Madden cough* and all those short single player campaigns for great FPS

If I really want to play a human I'll just invite some homies over....

The old school social way....

All the things your concerned with are opinions and not facts....

And what posting in here have to do with me not caring how the vids look (which is too guys playing beat em up style boxing)

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-09-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Who knows...

But I hate online line, nothing but cheaters, companies need to focus mire on single player anyway *cough TW & Madden cough*

If I really want to play a human I'll just invite some homies over....

The old school social way....

Well since you're not sure what the sliders will or will not be able to fix, I just don't see how you could just dismiss these videos by simply saying "I don't care about any of these videos, there's sliders." I understand that you're still looking forward to this game, as am I, but its only so much that sliders can temper. That's one of the reason why I ask some of my questions that I did as I'm sure that sliders will not be able to fix all of those things. The developers are going to add their own tweaks to this game, I'm just hoping that some of the changes are drastic, even though I'm not holding my breath on it. I'm not asking for a perfect game by any means, I just expected better than what I've seen thus far from this series that's on a two year development cycle.

Edit: I see you edited your post. I can't speak for anyone else, but if I didn't care about something, I wouldn't waste my time commenting on it. and this isn't the first time that I've came across one of your posts dismissing certain things in the game because there's sliders included. I never said my opinion is a 100% gospel, I'm offering my thoughts just like everybody else does.

Last edited by Epiffani; 06-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #14
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Well since you're not sure what the sliders will or will not be able to fix, I just don't see how you could just dismiss these videos by simply saying "I don't care about any of these videos, there's sliders." I understand that you're still looking forward to this game, as am I, but its only so much that sliders can temper. That's one of the reason why I ask some of my questions that I did as I'm sure that sliders will not be able to fix all of those things. The developers are going to add their own tweaks to this game, I'm just hoping that some of the changes are drastic, even though I'm not holding my breath on it. I'm not asking for a perfect game by any means, I just expected better than what I've seen thus far from this series that's on a two year development cycle.

Edit: I see you edited your post. I can't speak for anyone else, but if I didn't care about something, I wouldn't waste my time commenting on it. and this isn't the first time that I've came across one of your posts dismissing certain things in the game because there's sliders included. I never said my opinion is a 100% gospel, I'm offering my thoughts just like everybody else does.
If nobody responded to my "everybody doesnt play sim" post, ive wouldnt have posted in here again....Besides that, posting or just reading replies makes my work day go faster....

Here are some if not all of the sliders that will be in FNR4:

Ref damage awr
Boxer power
Boxer speed
Boxer physical damage
Boxer toughness
Off awr
Def awr
Punch output

Who knows if these will be avalible in online play and who knows if these sliders will actually work knowing EA's history but judging the game on the sliders, video and a demo thats been tweak is not a good idea for anybody....If anyone have second thoughts, u should atleast rent it first(if you have $5-$10 of course..but if you dont have $10 to spend for your entertainment than IMO you shouldnt be wasting your time playing video games..lol im just saying) and play for yourself...

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-09-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
Supporter

Quote:
If nobody responded to my "everybody doesnt play sim" post, ive wouldnt have posted in here again....Besides that, posting or just reading replies makes my work day go faster....

Here are some if not all of the sliders that will be in FNR4:

Ref damage awr
Boxer power
Boxer speed
Boxer physical damage
Boxer toughness
Off awr
Def awr
Punch output

Who knows if these will be avalible in online play and who knows if these sliders will actually work knowing EA's history....If anyone have second thoughts, u should atleast rent it first(if you have $5 of course) and play for yourself...
I still don't see how anything on that list would address the things that I bought up. As I've said, I'm not interested in increasing or decreasing a boxers speed (unless it improves a boxers foot work without making the boxers themselves faster), I didn't mention anything about power, physical damage, boxers toughness, offensive/defensive/ref awareness. You just said it yourself you're not sure if the sliders will even be effective, so again why just dismiss these videos?

Quote:
but judging the game on the sliders, video and a demo thats been tweak is not a good idea for anybody....
Lol, well I'm sorry, but that's all a vast majority of people have to go on. A demo and tons of gameplay video seems to be quite indicative for me, albeit not the actual retail game. I'm not expecting the apple to fall to far from the tree. I forgot ask, could you point me to a gameplay video where two fighters in FNR4 hasn't in your words played "beat em up" style boxing? I've seen EA devs play against one another and even they seem to have played similar to this style. Any GAMEPLAY videos not showing this kind of fighting would be appreciated because all the videos I've seen looks close to this video posted in here.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #16
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
I still don't see how anything on that list would address the things that I bought up. As I've said, I'm not interested in increasing or decreasing a boxers speed (unless it improves a boxers foot work without making the boxers themselves faster), I didn't mention anything about power, physical damage, boxers toughness, offensive/defensive/ref awareness. You just said it yourself you're not sure if the sliders will even be effective, so again why just dismiss these videos?

Lol, well I'm sorry, but that's all a vast majority of people have to go on. A demo and tons of gameplay video seems to be quite indicative for me, albeit not the actual retail game. I'm not expecting the apple to fall to far from the tree. I forgot ask, could you point me to a gameplay video where two fighters in FNR4 hasn't in your words played "beat em up" style boxing? I've seen EA devs play against one another and even they seem to have played similar to this style. Any GAMEPLAY videos not showing this kind of fighting would be appreciated because all the videos I've seen looks close to this video posted in here.

I doubt a video to promote a game are gonna show(especially employees) a sim match up cuz lets face it SIM is boring to tge masses, so to answer your question no, there are no vids of tgat sort....

I agree, you should be able to feint and more your head and feet at the same time, but I dont no a game that is perfect nor any boxing game(console) the allowed you to move your head and feet at once altho VB came close....

Like I said, no game is perfect and dispite all the flaws I can point out in tge UFC game(especailly if I wanna get picky) Im still having a blast with it....

As for sliders, assuming they work correctly...

Ref awr- should see fight stoppage do to cuts and TKO's or what not...

Boxer speed- which will make the game faster(its slow in the demo) and should help foot speed

Punch power- self explanatory and could counter the boxer speed to even out the game play if needed

Punch output- less of a slug fest and maybe the cpu wont smoother you

Off awr- counters, better punch selection

Def awr- better blocking less hit %

Stamina- self explainatory

Toughness- more/less knockdowns/KO's

Physical damage- ^

A slider maker could possibly make this game better

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-09-2009 at 03:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »