Home

Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Still disappointed that there is no salary cap and player contracts, and I hope it's one of the first things on the table to add to this feature.

That said, there are enough options available in the meantime to create the illusion that a salary cap of sorts is there using house rules, and the waiver wire option also is a nice feature. I'm glad that the Madden team had the foresight to include these options.

If I may ask though, Ian, I had a specific question that did not make the Q&A: my brother and I share one XBOX360 and both have our own gamer tags. In NCAA 09's online dynasty feature, my brother and I were able to play in the same dynasty, schedule games against each other, and play these games using only one XBOX360. Will we have this capability to have two users using the same console in online franchise?

Another question: it wasn't specifically mentioned in the blog, so I'll ask here: can we trade draft picks? If not, can the commissioner reassign draft picks to different teams to "fake" trading draft picks?

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-09-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

I know EA spent a lot of time on the online Franchise and is pround of the hard work they put in to get it at least in the game and I'm very proud that they got this in the game and I believe they are making big stirdes to make this a great game.

But can I hear more about the gameplay. You know the bugs that nobody likes that we seen from the videos from E3 that needs to be addressed?

Last edited by Droopy03; 06-09-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't understand how you can make this mode without a salary cap and player contracts. That just makes it unplayable for me.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #20
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Regarding salary cap, contracts, and trade logic...they say they might release a post based on community demand after release? WTF is that? Seriously...like there isn't enough community demand for that stuff now? Why not start working on that stuff asap?
They are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Moore
. We are actively looking at a robust, live bidding free agent type feature for the future, but a lot depends on the priority you all (the fans) give us on each feature once you get your hands on online franchise.
Key word is Priority... if there's a game killer in gameplay, that'll take precedent. I'll be honest, based on what I've heard from EA , and based on PastaPadre's impressions, it doesn't sound like we'll see it there year.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #21
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

well hopefully they can post some "EA Recommended" house rules for leagues as a way to work around not having a salary cap

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
We have also looked at the data from NCAA 09 Online Dynasty and our offline franchise modes, and the reality is that very few players actually made it to 10 years of dynasty/franchise.
This really pissed me off. Have we not made it clear that Offline Franchise Mode WOULD be played for 10-30 seasons if you actually focused on it? Not trying to be an a-hole but this remark really poured salt in an annual $65 wound.

Last edited by marktg30; 06-09-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #23
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quick question, we can edit player numbers, but can we edit player equipment?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #24
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This really pissed me off. Have we not made it clear that Offline Franchise Mode WOULD be played for 10-30 seasons if you actually focused on it? Not trying to be an a-hole but this remark really poured salt in an annual $65 wound.
He's only going by statistics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »