Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Review

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Review within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Wii review will be up by Friday.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:05 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Extremely harsh point of view, IMO. I too played Links 2004 and pretty much disagree with all of your criticisms other than the tempo-based swing not being in TW10. Seems the vast majority of the feedback from users here disagree with your assessment as well. A number of Links 2004 hardcore fans that I know of also disagree with you....oh well.
Its a baa post, if it wasn't overly critical and completely off the mark it just wouldn't be baa. Personally having rented Tiger 08 & 09, the game play to me this year easily warrented the 60 dollar purchase. From club tuner, to precission putting, to Tournament Challenge being tons of fun. Add in the Live tournaments and a full fledge season mode and its easy to say its the best Tiger yet imo. I'm digging Tiger 10 far more than any previous incarnation of the series so far.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:09 AM   #11
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
My summary: New putting system is a lot better. Still not enough courses.
Unless your an avid golf fan, wait until the price drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 18
The reason probably there 17 course maybe because the the rest is probably a DLC content, Trying to milk you for your money
Old 06-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does Tiger Woods 10 have Co-op???
Old 06-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why does it say Co-op on the back of the game case if it doesnt have co-op????? I ONLY BOUGHT THIS GAME FOR CO-OP!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanvict
Why does it say Co-op on the back of the game case if it doesnt have co-op????? I ONLY BOUGHT THIS GAME FOR CO-OP!!!
CO OP is online only and each user must have their own XBox 360 to play from....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Is there a noticeable difference between the PS3 and 360 version? I rented this on the PS3 and was disappointed. The gameplay is what I expected (mixed bag, IMO) from a TW game, but the presentation seemed wonky.

They seemed to have gone for a more "broadcast" view of your ball flight where you can't see where the ball is relative to the course. It's a minor issue, I suppose, but add in the fact that there's a noticeable delay in the switch between views and it kills the immersion.

The announcing is okay-better than previous versions, I suppose.

I honestly don't get the big deal about the putting. It feels like the same exact mechanic...just condensed to a specific meter view. The only improvement to me would be the fact that there seems to be more emphasis on being smooth with your R Stick motion, but other than that it just seems like the same mechanic in a different wrapping.

Also, I'm disappointed that the gameface feature has seemed to dumb down since 07. Photo gameface is nice, but the options surrounding the golfer seem more generic. Also, the fluctuating course count is getting old. Just keep ADDING courses. On top of that, there should be no circumstance where it's acceptable to charge for courses that were EVEr in any version of the game.

I never played against AI opponents, so I have no clue of any improvement there, but the 2P game didn't feel like enough. I just feel as though the only important change made in awhile (IMO) was fixing that goofy leaderboard mess from 06-07 (maybe 08 too) where the AI would scale to your play (meaning an opening round 60 meant the whole field would shoot thereabouts the rest of the tourney).

I'm in no way trying to be down on this game (I know it's been nearly all negative...lol). I actually don't hate TW (I still own and play 07, despite it's flaws). I just feel that it's indicative of a common problem with many current sports titles. WAY too much simplifying and give and take. Keep adding. Keep innovating.

I waqnt to feel enticed to buy a new TW game, and it's not happening. If the 360 version is smoother than the PS3, I'll give that a rental too and give it a go. Sorry if this post ended up as a rant...lol...not my intention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »