Home

Madden NFL 10 Q&A: New Online Franchise Feature (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Q&A: New Online Franchise Feature (ESPN Videogames) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden NFL 10 Q&A: New Online Franchise Feature (ESPN Videogames)

ESPN Videogames sat down with EA Sports' Phil Frazier and Ian Cummings to find out more about the mode, including all the dirt on free agency and importing your draft class in Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
ESPN: "When you hear people already talking about how "Madden 10" should be the best "Madden" of all time, do you feel the pressure to deliver?"

Ian Cummings: "It's a lot of pressure, but at the same time, some people are going to be upset no matter what you do. Everything we did is a framework to build on. I don't think we added anything that was a one-and-done feature. When I look at what we've done with this game, I think we've set ourselves up for the next five years. If we didn't fulfill every wish list and every request, we sure fulfilled a hell of a lot of them.

Phil Frazier: With everything we focused on, from Pro-Tak to online franchise, we focused on the core, we focused on making a great football game. We didn't focus on any gimmicks, or anything we view as gimmicks, and I think in the end we'll be rewarded. Again, great new animations and tackles in Pro-Tak, solid presentation in cut scenes with new audio, new banners, plus online franchise ... Madden 10 is a full package."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: ESPN - Online Franchise Interview

I swear that every interview I read it looks less likely they are really going to add Salary Cap, free agency, and trade logic to this years online franchise. Now before the "Hit Squad" shows up mobbing me, I am in no way saying I do not appreciate the features that have been implemented in this year's game, I'm not saying EA sucks, and I'm not saying the developers suck. All I'm saying is that I don't believe they are going to improve those specific aspects of Online Franchise. Anyone who knows my posts, knows that I'm all about the True Online Franchise experience.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 06-11-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ian has done said once the game drop onn the august 14. That he will try to add the salary cap and contract to the online part. It can be done. But that is if they want to do it are wait until next year to do it.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

CPU trades in a online franchise a huge mistake, have a commissioner in charge of that.

If you want to trade with the CPU in your offline franchise fine, but whenever you put a CPU against a human you will find a loop hole or see someone exploit flaws to get the player they want. Have a trade committee & have things done fairly.
Ian has put us in control; for the first time you run your franchise.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars85042
CPU trades in a online franchise a huge mistake, have a commissioner in charge of that.

If you want to trade with the CPU in your offline franchise fine, but whenever you put a CPU against a human you will find a loop hole or see someone exploit flaws to get the player they want. Have a trade committee & have things done fairly.
Ian has put us in control; for the first time you run your franchise.

Yeah, I tend to agree. However, I think that a working free agency is a must for franchise. We can fake it in a league with a solid set of users and a good commish, but EA should do everything they can to get it in this year on the server side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I wonder if he was blown away.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 06-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

This game needs to come out now!!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

I really hope they can implement it this yr..right now im thinking of running an online franchise with fantasy draft first..that way the need for free agency is a lil less being that everyone just drafted. hopefully by the end of that franchise , the trade logic and player contracts will be in and we ca start over with real teams. It would be cool if they posted the rules they used at EA for their franchise so we could use them for ours. Donny had mentioned a few in that q n a and they seemed nice and simple to follow.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »