Home

Forza Motorsport 3 Update (Various)

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 3 Update (Various) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
Forza Motorsport 3 Update (Various)

The following websites has posted Forza Motorsport 3 updates:
  • Videogamer.com: Forza Motorsport 3 Interview

Quote:
    Videogamer.com: "Were you surprised that the competition didn’t show up?"

Dan Greenawalt: "Absolutely. Kazunori Yamauchi-san, he is someone I have tremendous respect for, and I have tremendous respect for the team, but I am a GT fan. I bought my first car that I stressed out about buying because I played it in Gran Turismo. I’m in this industry because of that game. That said, as a fan of the series, he hasn’t done anything for me in years. So in many ways he’s handing the baton to me."
  • Gamersyde: Sixty images per second video
  • CVG: Forza 3 Limited Edition pack revealed

Quote:
    "The $79.99 pack (£48.90), which is exclusive to Gamestop in the US, includes an exclusive car pack, premium dashboard theme, VIP membership to community features, a 2GB memory stick and a Forza keychain."
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Thumbs down Re: Forza Motorsport 3 Update (Various)

Looks like we got our answer in this interview, Flamehead. 8 cars maximum in any race -- offline and online. And I'm not buying the excuses Dan Greenawalt made to justify not including more cars, either.

Kruza
Old 06-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Forza Motorsport 3 Update (Various)

Yeah, for a game that preaches community and lays claim to "the best racing simulator" it sure looks like it is failing for the racing community.

Now if you are a drifter, get your jollies from painting dope smoking Nazi hookers on your car or want to slug your way around the track in a giant SUV using only the 'easy button' - well, Forza 3 is turning out to be your game.

But if you are interested in building better community races, getting a racing game that finally gives online leagues/season some much overdue respect (the only sport games that are still lacking in this area), well, just remember, "our game is about cars, no so much racing".

So, car collector - get Forza 3. Race drivers - look elsewhere.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
Looks like we got our answer in this interview, Flamehead. 8 cars maximum in any race -- offline and online. And I'm not buying the excuses Dan Greenawalt made to justify not including more cars, either.

Kruza
Wow. Just...wow. I completely agree with you guys. Ironically, he disses GT by saying they haven't given him anything in years, so he's had the "baton handed to him", yet is he not doing what GT did for years, which is simply provide more of the same?

Seems like it's just Forza 2, but more of the same, just like GT did before.

Meanwhile, I could've sworn I've seen GT screens or videos that showed up to 16+ cars on the grid (I could be wrong though). Not that X number of cars alone makes a racing sim, but it's certainly a start.

I've certainly been a critic of GT in the past, but I'm starting to suspect that the next GT might blow Forza 3 out of the water, especially given the rumors of realistic damage, multiple cars on the grid, etc. Time will tell.

But hey, at least I know I won't be wasting $60 on Forza this year.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Lightbulb Re: Forza Motorsport 3 Update (Various)

I can see the point of Turn 10 trying to cater to car enthusiasts and casual gamers who only want to customize cars in Forza 3. But what's wrong with having more cars on the grid in races along with including features which helps organize/schedule online racing leagues (Practice, Qualifying, etc.) with established time/number of laps in each session, plus race flags, various customizable pit options (fuel, tire change, etc.) and weather conditions (sunny which can produce shiny glare at certain parts of a track, cloudy, rain, random)? You know... simple features that goes a long way toward enhancing the racing experience? With all the extra research that's been done with car physics, aerodynamics and tire deformation to create such a realistic driving experience in Forza 3, it's frustrating for me to know what a game like this could become if the focus was shifted primarily to where it's supposed to be -- actual racing. Stuff like what SuperCar Challenge is doing.

Now don't get me wrong... I'm going to enjoy driving supercars and prototype race cars like the Koenigsegg CCXR and the Peugeot 908 fast at tracks like Nordschleife and Suzuka with the Fanatec wheel and full manual transmission in Time Attack and Free Driving modes. But I also want to be able to race competitively that way -- online and offline. As the way it's shaping up, completing single player Career mode in Forza 3 is going to be another long and boring chore to me.

Kruza
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
Pro

br329's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
I can see the point of Turn 10 trying to cater to car enthusiasts and casual gamers who only want to customize cars in Forza 3. But what's wrong with having more cars on the grid in races along with including features which helps organize/schedule online racing leagues (Practice, Qualifying, etc.) with established time/number of laps in each session, plus race flags, various customizable pit options (fuel, tire change, etc.) and weather conditions (sunny which can produce shiny glare at certain parts of a track, cloudy, rain, random)? You know... simple features that goes a long way toward enhancing the racing experience? With all the extra research that's been done with car physics, aerodynamics and tire deformation to create such a realistic driving experience in Forza 3, it's frustrating for me to know what a game like this could become if the focus was shifted primarily to where it's supposed to be -- actual racing. Stuff like what SuperCar Challenge is doing.

Now don't get me wrong... I'm going to enjoy driving supercars and prototype race cars like the Koenigsegg CCXR and the Peugeot 908 fast at tracks like Nordschleife and Suzuka with the Fanatec wheel and full manual transmission in Time Attack and Free Driving modes. But I also want to be able to race competitively that way -- online and offline. As the way it's shaping up, completing single player Career mode in Forza 3 is going to be another long and boring chore to me.

Kruza
+1. To me it looks like Forza went the casual route and aimed toward the drifter/tuner route this year. And Oh God those endruence races suck with 8 cars. I mean not asking for like Le Mans and its 55 cars but 12-16 would have been nice.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Pro

br329's Arena

OVR: 9

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/new...-la-sarthe.htm

Le Mans is confirmed along with a couple LMP cars
Old 06-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Dan Greenawalt would probably never admit to it, but I suspect Turn 10 was under a lot of pressure internally at Microsoft to deliver graphics that are at least in the same ball park as Gran Turismo. Maybe if Turn 10 had half a decade to develop a game (instead of 2 years), they could deliver the same graphical fidelity that Forza 3 has along with having more cars on the grid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »