Home

E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview

This is a discussion on E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview

I'm surprised they showed this version. They have gotten hammered from the real reviewers, every agrees that it has potential, but that it has a lot of work left and is no where near ready. BB just needs to come out and say we aren't ready and we'll let you know later.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5
I agree peaople who have previewd the game agree it's far from finished. Camera's need working on, franchise hopefully, and some tackling adjustments.

Not bad, now if only 2k announced a new football game with generic players. That would be amazing competition and take us back to the early 2000's when fans had choices.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

It's a shame you didn't get any hands on time. It seems like it may be one of those games that's either going to make or break depending on feel rather than looks. It's not real promising when you say it doesn't look all that real, but hopefully the feel of the game when playing can make up for that.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #20
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I never for a second got that idea during my discussion with them.

They wanted to release some assets alongside the info, so that played a part in it. Also, sometimes you just want to get away from the chaos that is E3 so your title doesn't get lost in the shuffle. The embargo was actually for next Monday before, so they did bump it up. (Thursday also tends to be a better day to release info than a Monday because you'll get more coverage overall).

It's unfair to assume that in this case.
thanks for the reply, and to chris too.

Just to give more background, ...The publisher thing was mentioned by them on their forum, and given as a reason for their long communication blackout. I've stopped going to the forum a while ago, but they were saying things like that on their forum and twitter (which i don't do but was relayed by other members).

I guess for the reason you mentioned is why they decided to use the embargo, but they also must have just relaxed on staying silent with regards to their publisher negotioations.

For what it's worth, i'm interested in their vision, and will want to check it out when the time comes. But as a company, their PR and such is too spotty for me to pay attention to their communications anymore. I have a feeling when the game drops, that noone will know it besides people like us that are on gamming forums etc. I don't think they are capable of creating real 'buzz'.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 23
i dont think this game would be good,but again i would like to knock the sh*t out of a player in a football game amazingly lol.

this game looks cool (player models suck) but it will take years for you guys to beat madden or perhaps nfl 2k5.

i will consider buying this game .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #22
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
In before pantherbeast...

Nice write up, looks like it could be a very good gaem when it eventually comes out, whenever that is. Early '10 would be my guess right now.
Nice one bro. But yea If this game will look good graphic and gameplay wise. But it looks to me still kind of like blitz. I know I keep saying that. But that is my opinion I guess. But if they start holding out and give more in and finally give a release date and start giving this randam date crap. Then I would rent to see if I like it. But over I thank it would be decen game to rent.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:37 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Usually there is an embargo so one outlet can release the info first, then the rest. Or sometimes it's just news a company doesn't want released until such and such date. It's definitely arbitrary at best, if it's the latter in this instance. But really it's just part of how the business works, for better or worse.
IGN got the exclusive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »