Home

E3: Backbreaker Preview (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on E3: Backbreaker Preview (Pasta Padre) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
E3: Backbreaker Preview (Pasta Padre)

Pasta Padre has posted his E3 preview of Backbreaker.

Quote:
"What seemed to be the biggest focus for the Backbreaker team was accessibility. This certainly is understandable as many people new to sports gaming find them intimidating at first. So the idea is to offer an inviting pick-up-and-play type experience."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: E3: Backbreaker Preview (Pasta Padre)

Nice post pasta.. But the release once again is in question. They was saying 2009 now it could be early 2010. LOL just another example how The DEV of BB is screwing fans around. But anyway good post pasta.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Nice post pasta.. But the release once again is in question. They was saying 2009 now it could be early 2010. LOL just another example how The DEV of BB is screwing fans around. But anyway good post pasta.
I would hardly call it screwing fans around. I would call it trying to perfect their product before they release it, so people here would not moan and complain about it not being good when it is finally released. I would much rather wait a little while and get something that is better, than get the game today and it be a total let down.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I would hardly call it screwing fans around. I would call it trying to perfect their product before they release it, so people here would not moan and complain about it not being good when it is finally released. I would much rather wait a little while and get something that is better, than get the game today and it be a total let down.
Isn't 2+ years long enough?? We haven't seen ONE true in-game video. They can't release a game based on screenshots and tech vids. Especially when they aren't being compared to something real like the NFL. It's not a game like Gears or Halo where you need a vivid imagination. It's football. The template is already laid out. Soooooooooooo........

What's the hold up?
They don't have to worry about EXACT rosters, EXACT player faces and body types, EXACT NFL uniforms, socks, colored cleats, hand warmers, towels, mouth pieces, name plate serifs, EXACT authentic helmets and face masks - revo robo zoro whatever damn, pant stripes, flak jackets, EXACT stadiums, etc. etc. etc.

In 2+ yrs, all they've done was create some funny looking player models (Linemen with 10 packs. Yeah, OK), show a few nice tackles in a stadium that uses the old obsolete "Astro" turf instead of grass or field turf, and you wanna give them MORE time to be perfect?. Man, they have a looooong ways to go.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 06-12-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

davjaffe's Arena

OVR: 6
My browser crashes everytime I try to go to PastaPadre.com; does anyone else have this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I understand why some are frustrated with the delay. But, it's not like when they showed those early videos that they said this game is coming out in ________________. At least now they are giving a time period. Also, it's not like this studio has a lot of people under it's roof, so we really can't be so surprised that it has take a long time to get this game out.

Perhaps we are all spoiled by Madden. It comes out every year and we all believe that it will be different each year, that it will be better. But, after the first day with the game there will be thousands of threads talking about what is broke with the gameplay. And you know that this year will be no different.
Maybe if Madden wasn't released every year we would get a better game. Just saying.

If you don't like the look of the game and it's futuristic vibe that's you. Personally, I think it looks great. The best avenue to take without an NFL license (which is not their fault to begin with).
Old 06-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davjaffe
My browser crashes everytime I try to go to PastaPadre.com; does anyone else have this issue?

I have the same issue. I can get there on my wifes laptop though. She has IE 8. I use IE 7 on my pc.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by davjaffe
Here I kept thinking it was just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »