Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Tulane @ LSU (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Tulane @ LSU (No Audio, Just Replay Mode) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Tulane @ LSU (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Everyone is overanalyzing a little bit based on a handful of plays. People were saying they weren't seeing a pass rush or errant throws. Steve showed some. It means they exist. It doesn't mean they happen at the rate we might want but here were some examples. When the demo hits we can see for ourselves.

In the first minute in this Bama-VT game, you see a pass rush (massive blitz 45 seconds) and an errant throw (30 seconds). Small sample sizes like this won't give us the whole picture until we actually play the game

The thing is we are seeing video after video of high completion, most the incompletions are picks videos. Even in this highlight video of QB pressure. While i certain agree that the CPU will now and then throw one in the dirt, is that really the point? That now and then they do it?
Old 06-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
That first play is atrocious.

Three players had a chance to make a block on the Tulane DE and they all just stood there and let him run by untouched to the QB.
It looked more like a collision detection problem. All those players somehow got caught on each other and couldn't block the DE.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #19
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

These videos are interesting, but I would have rather seen them in the game context. The issue isn't so much whether pressure NEVER happens, or whether inaccurate throws NEVER happen, but whether they happen a realistic amount of the time. Also, on the replay modes, there's no real way to know which team, if any, was being user controlled.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #20
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

You guys are a tough crowd.

Just like you, I want the best game possible. But the reality is these videos ARE showing D-line pressure and incomplete passes.

That's an improvement, isn't it?

The V Tech-Alabama clip shows two bad throws and one massive pass rush in only two minutes of gameplay. Looks promising to me.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 06-14-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #21
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er

Just like you, I want the best game possible. But the reality is these videos ARE showing D-line pressure and incomplete passes.

+1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

The play with the interception bothers me. All the Tulane WR has to do it stick his arm out and he either knocks the ball away, or deflects it up or catches it. The safety from his angle shouldn't have thought the ball would get by the WR when it was that close to him, and his reaction time in changing direction to pick it off seems awfully fast. The play where the Tulane QB gets hit and it wobbles...it is still a completion. That means if he didn't get hit, he would've had to have missed really really badly.

And that first play where 3 guys run into eachother on the OL...that doesn't encourage me that line pressure is better...it means the OL screened eachother from making a block. Surely pressure can be gotten without that having to happen to get it.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #23
Rookie

XMr HIT STICKX's Arena

OVR: 2
I thought Utopia had a tough crowd. OS takes the cake lol. But, with the demo "more-than-likely" coming out this thursday, I'll see for myself.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er

To some degree. I would get plenty of sacks on 09. Consistent pressure by the more talented D-Line is a different thing.

Like last year, appeared Tulane could generate as much pressure as LSU. Only two passes are truly inaccurate and one was picked, both were by Tulane which isn't the cailbur of QB most will use and most of all this is video made to show pressure. I saw some inaccurate passes last year.

Right now i feel the QB play is the same just the Defense is somewhat better.

I guess in the end- you see what you want- if your excited about the game you go- well i saw some pressure and some incompletions, iam more sold.

If your not sold, then these videos so some really nice things (better pursuit, some cpu deep passes, etc) and some things that scream out alot of the same of 09.

If you just hate the game- then really you shouldn't be here now. You have seen the videos, thats the game. Its time to leave.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »