Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Illinois @ Wisconsin (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Illinois @ Wisconsin (No Audio, Just Replay Mode) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Illinois @ Wisconsin (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

I liked the number of slips. Weather will actually matter this year.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

I think this vid is VERY impressive. I played ncaa09 to death (still playing online) and i see a TON of differences. The running animation looks 10x better, the snow looks awesome with realistic slips (the qb slip ani was sick), and overall things just look smoother. It really looks as though they addressed the issues with 09 and If they get this roster situation fixed this could be the best ncaa ever.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm just happy that the RB animations on long runs is better now. The animation doesn't deteriorate into a wounded galloping animal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 60
I liked everything I saw except for the crowd. On the kickoff return TD the crowd all stood up as the returner crossed the goal-line, even though it was certain that he'd score since about the 40 yard line. That really isn't a big deal for me but is something I've noticed in 09 as well. The slipping and footprints in the snow look really good. Thanks for the video.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Is it just me or should the KO teams have a slight bump because this is ridiculous. 09 & from the looks of 10, the KO teams just get mauled when they have all the momentum. The suction/grapple animations need to go on KO's and Punts. It is more bang/bang and people don't stop to engage in whatever you call that. KO teams need to swarm more aggressively and in these situations I could see a need for a slight ratings boost or something to give the KO team a small advantage.

Call me crazy but I think this is a definite need for the next rendition along with the speed of the O in the backfield vs. the speed of the D. The extra momentum or downhill feeling isn't there. That pocket clip of OL/DL interaction of Buffalo vs Baltimore looked really good.

Same goes for the forest gump running and turning on a dime only to run straight for the sidelines. The only way you should be able to make a 90 degree turn would require an animation similar to the slip where you practically stop and lose speed because you start over. The speed burst should not even kick in unless you are in a fairly straight line. Any change of direction from that path would result in running at normal speed even if you are murdering the R2 button. If you want to change directions then you need to juke and even then you'd lose a little speed.

So it looks like we need to scrap the current animations for DL/OL interaction too.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #14
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Slipping animations (especially the QB animation) are beautiful.

I wonder if we'll see bad snaps outta shotgun, punt and FG formations in bad weather.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #15
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm just happy that the RB animations on long runs is better now. The animation doesn't deteriorate into a wounded galloping animal.
The long run by #32 looked much better indeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

The only thing completly unbelieveable in that vid is having ANY Wisconsin RB scoring on a 90+ yard run Vid looked good to me. I do wish they would slow the game speed down just a tad. Also, I REALLY hope the commentary is so hit or miss because its a beta version. Then again, i'm used to the commentary on The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »