Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Illinois @ Wisconsin (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Illinois @ Wisconsin (No Audio, Just Replay Mode) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Illinois @ Wisconsin (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
yikes

The run...the safety on the right side of the screen...in the same direction the run goes, for no apparent reason(after the ball has already been handed off) switches directions for just a second and turns around as though to run in the other direction, that one random turn for one second that's done for no reason causes the touchdown. He'd be there to make the tackle otherwise. Pursuit angles may have been improved, but if the safety is going to turn around for no reason, that seems to cancel the bad pursuit angles out.
Are you sure he wasn't playing the pass there, thinking it was a fake? I'm not saying that's totally legit either, but maybe that's a function of the "setup" plays thing, where he "thought" he saw a fake, reacted, and it put him in a bad place. I think that's the logic involved there. I don't think it was completely random.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37
The QB and the defender slipping were pretty cool. It will make playing in bad weather a bit of a challenge.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Slipping animations (especially the QB animation) are beautiful.

I wonder if we'll see bad snaps outta shotgun, punt and FG formations in bad weather.
I can't remember which video it was in, but there was a bad shotgun snap. Pretty sure it was snapped below the knees, but I don't think it was related to bad weather.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #20
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Yep, I've seen the bad snap in a different video. Hope to see some bad punt snaps, that would be cool and realistic.

Glad to see the QB slip, and the ripping at the ball animation is also good. Running and some blocking stuff is still very messed up though. Looking forward to the demo later this week!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm just happy that the RB animations on long runs is better now. The animation doesn't deteriorate into a wounded galloping animal.
In the open field it looks good but between the tackles it looks bad. No foot planting, breaking stride, or acceleration/deceleration at all.

The slips looked good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
I can't remember which video it was in, but there was a bad shotgun snap. Pretty sure it was snapped below the knees, but I don't think it was related to bad weather.
Awesome. That's a last-gen gameplay feature I've been missing. I like the random factor of a bad snap (and I hope the center's ratings affect how often we see bad snaps). Should lead to a few more sacks.

Also hope we see the occasional bad snap on punts, PATs and FGs. A bad snap there could equal a blocked kick. I saw only one blocked PAT in NCAA 09. Zero blocked punts and FGs.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 30
This vid looked pretty good and you guys pointed out the good stuff such as the slipping QB and the run animations. I was on the fence about this game after first saying I would get it but now I'm back to my original feeling that I will be picking this up next month...unless the demo makes me feel otherwise.
The only issue I had with the vid was when dude scored the TD after such a long run and he basically stopped his momentum after a couple steps in the endzone as if it was nothing. After such an "exhaustingly long" run, there is no way he should be able to stop his momentum so quickly.
Oh, and for the snow, which I've already stated about Madden, they need to up the ground snow deformity to include footsliding and bodysliding/imprints. I hope they can work that in, next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »