Home

E3 NHL 10 Preview

This is a discussion on E3 NHL 10 Preview within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #9
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Actually, SI belive Steve Avery, former pitcher for the Atlanta Braves was a solid hockey player back in the day.

Bummer on the presentation side of things. EA really needs to step up their game when it comes to this- I miss the days of the Octopus being shown at the Joe, and the giant Shark head in San Jose.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 38
Smh!! Steve Avery?!! That's a slap in the face to hockey fans
Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 38
On a side note. This can't be all they added this year right? We still have July and august.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: E3 NHL 10 Preview

Steve or Sean ..... it is not important... S.Avery is his name

Great preview ,thx Chase.

I have still one question : Which button is for pokechecking now? Because Flyermania sad there is any change for this... You can do pokecheck move front of the player without tripping now I hope....

And... When you send us some answers from the questions thread ?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
The playoff logos on the ice is a nice touch to the presentation factor.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 31

Nice preview Chase. Loved what you said about the passing, can't wait to try hardcore out. couple quick questions, did you notice any more stat overlays at all while playing? Also from the little bit that you played do the goalies seem to be smarter? Will they come out and challenge more when appropiate?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

"Hardcore Passing"? Amazing. If it's as precise as the preview says, we could be having a fun time with this game, it seems like it could really ramp up the creativity factor and present some interesting plays.

I'm pretty disappointed, however, in the apparent lack of improvement in the presentation department...however, I'm not going to put my foot down until I see some video. The game is still in the early stages (I think) so many more features could be implemented down the road. It's one area 2K completely demolishes EA in, so I'm really perplexed why the presentation hasn't (apparently) been fixed to match the huge improvements 2K9 made in that area.

Overall, though, what Chase said is pretty encouraging. Can't wait to see what additional info comes out in the next few weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
"Hardcore Passing"? Amazing. If it's as precise as the preview says, we could be having a fun time with this game, it seems like it could really ramp up the creativity factor and present some interesting plays.

I'm pretty disappointed, however, in the apparent lack of improvement in the presentation department...however, I'm not going to put my foot down until I see some video. The game is still in the early stages (I think) so many more features could be implemented down the road. It's one area 2K completely demolishes EA in, so I'm really perplexed why the presentation hasn't (apparently) been fixed to match the huge improvements 2K9 made in that area.

Overall, though, what Chase said is pretty encouraging. Can't wait to see what additional info comes out in the next few weeks.
I'm wondering if its more one of those "if we're going to majorly overhaul it, lets wait and do it right" I'm in the minority about 2k's presentation, I hardly think a 5 year old pbp script, corny as hell and badly delivered, even with a 3rd commentator doing in between period breaks is really that much of an upgrade.

I'd be content with a few more stat overlays in the meantime though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »