Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Tennessee @ Auburn (Default AA Sliders)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Tennessee @ Auburn (Default AA Sliders) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Tennessee @ Auburn (Default AA Sliders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
So many unranked teams on the field...and so many camera flashes going off on a punt that wasn't even returned.

The field goal nets that pop up from nowhere are really annoying too, not as annoying as the camera flashes though. Starting to look like every school has field goal nets even though not all of them do. Argh. Good intention, really bad execution on those two things, which is unfortunately a theme for this game. I'm noticing too many dumpoffs to the backs, and too many times the field is wide open for the QB to tuck it and go for 10-15 yards, and they throw into coverage instead. Will we even need to cover the middle of the field against the AI? Seems like man coverage against anyone in the middle is fine, and the LBs can all go 20 yards downfield because there's no need to worry about a QB running unless the play was designed to.

Every video pushes me closer to not buying this game at all. Maybe this isn't such a good idea for them. When I was blissfully clueless about what the game had, I didn't even consider not buying it. I'm definitely not buying it the day it comes out like I always have, I am 1 more bad video from not buying it at all.
beginning to sound like me. you're going to end up hating it then because they are all going to look like this one..
Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #18
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

The video shows some good things. Looks like Auburn's playbook has been updated/expanded, which is a positive. Saw a number of inaccurate/non-event passes, which is cool. The underneath coverage in both man to man and zone looks tightened up and a little bit more realistic.

Still see some wonky things going on. QBs passing short to guys that are covered for a small gain or a loss of yards when they are under no pressure. Speaking of pressure, I still don't see any by the defensive line -- at all. In some of these where the QB actually holds the ball long enough to let a downfield route develop, nobody is even near him 5 or 6 seconds into the play.

Obviously the twitch running is an issue from a presentation standpoint, but I guess that beats the computer having smooth running animations but not gaining yards effectively.

Would really like to start seeing some user v AI games. AI v AI is interesting, but limited, in terms of what it can show us.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
this should be a defensive game... p.s. im a auburn fan and kodi burns will never throw the deep ball for a td... probaly wont even start this year
Old 06-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2
After watching all the vids I'm just not impressed. The best parts are the cutscenes, the fields look great and the sky. The gameplay (running anim. , bullet passes , robo qb , speed of the game is to fast) just turns me off. Not much improvement. This is going to be a rental at best. thats just my opinon.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
One more thing... why is it that starting position on kick-offs avgs. about the 35 to 40 yard line. Didn't we have the same problem in 09?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #22
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

that deep pass by Auburn was great, been a LONG time since I've seen the CPU do that.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
Are there ever going to be videos with TeamBuilder teams playing?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #24
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Loads of encouraging stuff in that video.

The AI seems more decisive running the ball, the bomb on the post was beautiful, lots of errant passes, a sack and some pressure (though still not as much as I'd like -- maybe the sliders can fix it), a low snap outta shotgun, and some new plays and formations.

And except for that 3rd and 21, the AI passed it on third and long. (Running on 3rd and 21 is probably the right call in this case.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »