Home

NHL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaFaction
Notice the half-empty stands in the CHI-SJ game...hmmmmm
That's another thing I'm already a little upset about.

Chicago had the best attendance record last year and they have loyal fans and band wagoner fans with them now since there doing well. Therefore, A Chi-SJ game would be packed!

Then have the Islanders, who have been in last for years, take on the Thrashers or something and the fans should be not too many.

That's a factor they should put into dynasty too:

Do well=Fans
Loose a lot=Little fans..
Old 06-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26

Chicago had the best attendance record last year and they have loyal fans and band wagoner fans with them now since there doing well. Therefore, A Chi-SJ game would be packed!

Then have the Islanders, who have been in last for years, take on the Thrashers or something and the fans should be not too many.

Do well=Fans
Thats the way it is in 2k8...if the home team is doing well...sold out...or sometimes a bit less if you 5-8th seeded...if you are sucking...well...there are like 8,000 in attendance...and of course the playoffs are packed like they should be.

it adds alot
Old 06-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: ign nhl preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I doubt they count as goals...it would be a game killer for so many its not even funny.

Imagine losing a game on a goal that was batted in when it was over the crossbar.
I thought I read somewhere that only the elite players can even do these moves...like the shot from the knees and hitting the puck out of the air.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26

Do well=Fans
Shouldn't be the case for every team, though. Even when the Rangers missed the playoffs 7 straight years, MSG was sold out most of the time.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 06-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

Quote:
Thats the way it is in 2k8...if the home team is doing well...sold out...or sometimes a bit less if you 5-8th seeded...if you are sucking...well...there are like 8,000 in attendance...and of course the playoffs are packed like they should be.

it adds alot
Yes, this would be really good. You know, I won't complain if it's not inthere but like you said, it adds a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Shouldn't be the case for every team, though. Even when the Rangers missed the playoffs 7 straight years, MSG was sold out most of the time.
Thats because New York is...well...New York. (And I was born there =])

Still, look at my Bolts for example...We win the cup and are doing well our attendance almost hit number one. Now we suck again and were in the bottom ten, I believe.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 PM   #14
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

it adds alot
I agree 100%.

Dynamic attendance does add a touch of realism to dynasty mode. It's great to have to earn a packed house with loud fans. It's a nice incentive to be more competitive in your dynasty.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I agree 100%.

Dynamic attendance does add a touch of realism to dynasty mode. It's great to have to earn a packed house with loud fans. It's a nice incentive to be more competitive in your dynasty.
Yes, It would be a great feature that should be considered.

I know NHL 2004 had it, but you actually did not see the visual increase/decrease of fans but it stated somewhere in there.

Very cool feature,IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I agree 100%.

Yup...I played a season with the Blues and came in 8th...not a single sell out till the playoffs. Really added a lot to the post-season.

In my Pittsburgh season right now, I'm in the playoffs, but have been in 1st almost all season, so the sellouts are just the norm.

(Its on the Dynasty Forums, btw) ...with The Russian Rocket

I freakin' love 2k8...I don't care what anyone says. I've played all the games except a few since NHLPA for Genesis (I'm 29) and this game is like crack to me.

Its ALL about the sliders though.

Still, I'm like 95% sure NHL 10 will dethrone NHL 2k8...but if it doesn't, I'm still really happy. Hell, I have a feeling 2k10 might be better than 2k8...we'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »