Home

Fight Night Round 4 Q&A: Week 2

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Q&A: Week 2 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Q&A: Week 2

OS: Can you give us some detailed information on the Online World Championship mode?

Mike Mahar:
Some key highlights of the Online Championship Mode are;
- 3 Weight Classes (Light Weight, Middle Weight, Heavy Weight). We did this to ensure there was always a critical mass of users to fight against.
- Region-less game play…Each user can be matched up against boxers from regions around the world (U.S.A., Canada, UK, France…etc).
- 1 Championship Belt per weight Class. The person holding the belt is truly the champion of the world for their weight class.
- Created Characters only. We want user’s to be representing with their virtual selves.
- All boxers will have their ratings leveled based on their key attributes. Everyone is on a level playing field, your success will be measure based on how good you are at the sweet science of boxing and not how good your characters ratings are.

I love this part. I wish games like Tiger 10 did this as well. Let the guys that are better on the sticks get wins. Not some guy setting at home with no job, not going to school be the top on the list because he got his ratings up quicker. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 06-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
no way, not one of my questions made it....wow
That sucks. I went back and looked at what questions you submitted to see if they were dumb (to see if that was the reason they declined), but you actually asked some good questions.

I got like 3 of my questions answered, but they were all Legacy Mode related. I'd rather they had answered my gameplay questions.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #11
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
OS: Can you give us some detailed information on the Online World Championship mode?

Mike Mahar:
Some key highlights of the Online Championship Mode are;
- 3 Weight Classes (Light Weight, Middle Weight, Heavy Weight). We did this to ensure there was always a critical mass of users to fight against.
- Region-less game play…Each user can be matched up against boxers from regions around the world (U.S.A., Canada, UK, France…etc).
- 1 Championship Belt per weight Class. The person holding the belt is truly the champion of the world for their weight class.
- Created Characters only. We want user’s to be representing with their virtual selves.
- All boxers will have their ratings leveled based on their key attributes. Everyone is on a level playing field, your success will be measure based on how good you are at the sweet science of boxing and not how good your characters ratings are.

I love this part. I wish games like Tiger 10 did this as well. Let the guys that are better on the sticks get wins. Not some guy setting at home with no job, not going to school be the top on the list because he got his ratings up quicker. I'm really looking forward to this game.
For online, that's GREAT.

But for offline, it's a double-edged sword. There's nothing I hate more than spending time and effort in the mini-games (aka recruiting in NCAA) in order to get great stats, only to have them be rendered completely irrelevant by my skill (or lack of skill) with the controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8

lol...

pretty sure its only for the online character tho
doubt they have a cap on how good ur legacy mode character is.. even if you are ****e on the sticks
Old 06-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37
This game is really sounding good. Tuesday can not come soon enough. I
Old 06-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #14
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
For online, that's GREAT.

But for offline, it's a double-edged sword. There's nothing I hate more than spending time and effort in the mini-games (aka recruiting in NCAA) in order to get great stats, only to have them be rendered completely irrelevant by my skill (or lack of skill) with the controller.

It's online CAB's. That's what I'm talking about.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 06-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

Clearly only the questions he wanted to address were ones he could give positive answers to and promote the little known 'Legacy' mode...

If that was the case just write a damn article instead of writing it off as a true Q&A. Legacy means little to me if the gameplay is flawed.

Last edited by StonesRunIt; 06-18-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #16
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

only 1 belt per weightclass for the world is too much. Millions of people vying for just 1 belt. Not even in real boxing is it like that. there should be like 5 belts per region per weight class.

actually getting a title shot is going to be impossible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »