Home

NCAA Football 10 Demo Impressions (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Demo Impressions (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:27 AM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: NCAA Football 10 Demo Impressions (Pasta Padre)

Well a few things that really turned me off from buying ncaa 10. 1. Was that when the QB drops backs and stops and I try to step up in the so called pocket that was made. It felt like my QB was wearing cemet shoes are something. He walk so slow. 2. The oline when i played 3 different time. I was getting sack left and right and my oline was bearly blocking. And my gosh there was no freaking pocket to hardly step in at all. Where was the pocket. The pocket looked just bout the same as 09 did. But in 09 the blocking was much better. 3rd thing is that really bother me is the controls. I am sick of gaming companies changing up their controls games like this. I wish they would stick with the same controls they have. Where people are confortable with. But these main things have really turned me off from buying ncaa 10.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 30
Having played the demo seemingly several thousand times, myself, on the PS3, (ha)I have to say that I got used to it. It's like Madden 09.1 or sumthin' so I am very used to it. I actually have Madden 09 on pause as I type but one thing I have to digress on is the graphics. Again, NCAA 10 looks like Madden 09. For some reason, when the Madden 09 demo first came out, I loved the graphics but on this demo, I didn't for some reason. Maybe it's the bleeding reds of OU that make the graphics look so bad.

As for running on All-American, I have NO problems. I think because this seems just like the Madden 09 engine, u have to be able to mix it up and understand what the D is doing. U gotta use your line shifts effectively as well as flipping the play, if necessary, to the other side when u see LBs up on the line. You're not going to be able to run well all the time, like in real life, but I do a good job. Madden 09 on All Pro is equal to NCAA 10 All American. If u can run on that skill in Madden, u should be able to run on All American in NCAA 10.

Anyway, once I got over the look, I really got into the game. I don't mind it and I'm starting to teeter back towards picking this up. I wanna really get into the features of NCAA 10.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
Rookie

silverfox863's Arena

OVR: 2
2 min qtrs on demo is no big deal to me, although 5 min qtrs obviously are more appealing. The demo lilke playing two 4-min qtrs to me, but they are "halves." So my strategies are based on playing two 4-min halves. Each half is almost the length of a regular 5-min qtr. No huddle also works well. It also oprovides opportunities for me to practice onside kicking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #12
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
How can I ever come back to this game after I play Madden 10?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 11
in my opinion, you could just make downloadable content for 09 with new rosters and teambuilder and all that and that would be ncaa 10
that's how little progress they made this year
Old 06-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #14
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

There was nothing in the demo that makes me want to go out and buy the game. There is no need to make a game every year, they should be on a 2 year cycle. If not, just release DLC for rosters and updates. There is not enough change from year to year to warrant spending $60 for a new game that has changed very little.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #15
Rookie

sugarman73's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm sure the demos r pretty bad, but have u seen the videos? i mean c'mon.
they did a whole lot more features, and a lot with online, (live) stuff. i'm sure the college xperience will be much better when the real deal comes out. (July 14, 2009)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #16
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
There was nothing in the demo that makes me want to go out and buy the game. There is no need to make a game every year, they should be on a 2 year cycle. If not, just release DLC for rosters and updates. There is not enough change from year to year to warrant spending $60 for a new game that has changed very little.

Then just buy it every other year.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »