Home

NHL 10 Cover Athlete: Patrick Kane - Box Art, Screenshots and Trailer Included

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Cover Athlete: Patrick Kane - Box Art, Screenshots and Trailer Included within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
NHL 10 Cover Athlete: Patrick Kane - Box Art, Screenshots and Trailer Included

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS STAR PATRICK KANE
THE NEW FACE OF EA SPORTS NHL10

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – June 22, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today revealed that 20-year-old scoring phenom Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks will be the new face of the NHL® 10 videogame from EA SPORTS™. Kane is the youngest player ever chosen for the cover of the NHL franchise and his image will be on the front of all packaging when NHL 10 is available in North American retail stores this September.

Having emerged as one of the most skilled players in the NHL in just two seasons, Kane won the Calder Trophy as Rookie of the Year in 2008 and this year led the Blackhawks to the Western Conference Finals. He has scored more than 20 goals and registered more than 70 points in each of his first two seasons.

“It’s exciting to be on the cover of my favorite videogame after playing just my second year as a professional,” said Kane. “When you look back at some of the great players who have had this opportunity, it’s an honor to be a part of the EA SPORTS family and contribute to a game I’ve been playing for more than 10 years.”

EA SPORTS also announced that it has signed Canadian junior hockey scoring sensation John Tavares, expected to be the top pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, to promote the release of NHL 10. Tavares will join Kane, the first overall draft pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, as spokespersons for NHL 10.

“It’s exciting for me to team up with Patrick to promote EA SPORTS and get the chance to play NHL 10 before it’s in stores,” said Tavares. “Now I’m looking forward to the draft and finding out which team will select me.”

“At EA SPORTS we believe in identifying the most talented up-and-coming athletes in the world to help us develop the most authentic sports games,” said Jordan Edelstein, Vice-President of Marketing for EA SPORTS. “We believe Kane is one of the next great American hockey stars and Tavares will have an immediate impact in the league.”

Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom was earlier named a cover athlete on NHL 10 packaging in Sweden. Additional regional cover athletes for Finland, Denmark and Switzerland will be named at a later date. NHL 10 will be in retail stores across Europe on September 18.

A native of Buffalo, NY, Kane is just the second American-born player to be featured on the cover of the top-selling* EA SPORTS hockey videogame franchise. New York Rangers goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck was the first when he was featured on the cover of NHL 97.

The EA SPORTS NHL® franchise has won 19 Sports Game of the Year awards over the past two years and this month named by Gamespot.com as the Best Sports Game of E3. This year the NHL 10 franchise begins a new era with gameplay innovations that deliver all-new board play, first-person fighting and over 200 gameplay refinements that replicate the skill and finesse of NHL hockey.

For more info please visit http://beta.easports.com/

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 10 site Live!

I would be very suprised if that was the case.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I would be very suprised if that was the case.
Yeah it isn't. There was an article on TSN about the cover announcement and mentioned that Tavares would not be in the game until he plays one in the NHL.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 31

The 2 videos they have up are pretty solid....getting me fired up....man its only June!!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
Yeah it isn't. There was an article on TSN about the cover announcement and mentioned that Tavares would not be in the game until he plays one in the NHL.
Yes, because I believe that until then he is not under the NHLPA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26
Yes, because I believe that until then he is not under the NHLPA.
Yeah, that is the way it works generally. Still it is weird, if he works out a deal to be a part of the game before he is a member of the union you would think he can sign off on them using his likeness and being in the game. I dunno.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 10 Cover Athlete: Patrick Kane - Box Art, Screenshots and Trailer Included

Would there be any kind of violation if they put audio in the game for him so when he is created you can at least hear them say his name when he scores or has the puck? I remember in NHL 2004 there were a number of names of players included who hadn't played a game in the NHL.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 10 Cover Athlete: Patrick Kane - Box Art, Screenshots and Trailer Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ether
Would there be any kind of violation if they put audio in the game for him so when he is created you can at least hear them say his name when he scores or has the puck? I remember in NHL 2004 there were a number of names of players included who hadn't played a game in the NHL.
Well if it is made the same way as Nhl 09 as far as names go, its a list of NHL last names. So, no, he will not be in it BUT a roster update will come out that allows him to be in it, with his name, but not with a created face and physical appearance/ picture. At least that's what it was like for 09, but who knows...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »