Home

Madden NFL 10 Developer Q&A (Gameshark)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Developer Q&A (Gameshark) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #17
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Gameshark Q and A

They did say though that when you use the 4 man front and the QB just runs that they greatly increased his chances of fumbling and getting hurt I believe (to reflect how the defense tries to demolish a QB if they see him running in the open field).

And why wouldn't you use a 5 man front if the team is doing a QB sneak? That's just stupid to begin with.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #18
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
so, how is the CPU going to stop me when its 4th and 1, and I select a spread formation 5 wide wide outs, but i just sneak the QB after hiking it for some easy yards.

I am not being a jerk, i am wondering how these easy yards can be prevented.
Was there a mandatory 5 step drop animation added that I maybe missed, so you can't break out of that for an easy QB sneak?

I haven't kept up on all of the older threads this year, so i may have honestly missed that new feature. If thats the case, then I take back what I said, and I was mistaken.
You just answered your own question... you selected 5 wide, not a QB SNEAK, which is where the issue was. Besides, with regular passing plays they now have an automatic drop back, so you wont just be able to just run straight forward after the snap.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #19
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
You just answered your own question... you selected 5 wide, not a QB SNEAK, which is where the issue was. Besides, with regular passing plays they now have an automatic drop back, so you wont just be able to just run straight forward after the snap.
ok, so there is now an automatic drop back then that, so you cannot just run forward with the QB which is essentially running a QB sneak without actually calling the "QB Sneak" play

that is what I was asking
Old 06-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Sorry about that mods. He must have made his the same time I was making mine. He won. NO Worries

What about presentation? Ian, you told me at the show that you wanted the stadiums to all feel unique. How are you doing that?
Ian: One of the most common pieces of feedback from the community (and internally from our own time playing the game) was that every Franchise game really felt the same. There was no real sense of a “journey” through the season since every game was presented in a similar fashion. Since we had committed to a huge investment in re-vamping our cut-scenes (and their respective systems), Mike Young, Tavis Kahler, and crew did a bunch of research to pick out some of the most recognizable pieces that you see in various stadiums around the league.
This addition alone in pre-game (and cuts to these types of scenes throughout the game) was a nice way for us to give you (the fan) the feel of each stadium and location being different. We realize that many people skip through pre-game cut-scenes once they see them a few times, so by making every intro feel different it gave people a reason to at least give a second look and keep the game feeling new and fresh.
The most exciting thing for me is that we will be able to keep building on this for the future, since a huge chunk of our time this year was spent actually just getting the tech in place. Expect community polls and wishlist threads soon. (smile)
To add to this, we have all kinds of stadium-specific chants in the game as well – so now you’ll hear the chants that make you feel like you really are in that hostile opposing environment – such as “J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!” and “E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!”

It's about time EA. Finally I can hear the greatest crowd chant in football!
The Jets chant was in previous Maddens, it's not new.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #21
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Wow I am so stoked for this game. Especially after reading the whoel shebang of ratings tweaks and the way the Online Franchise is set up.
The commish can PAUSE the draft and resume it any day after.

GAH! Awesome

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #22
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing2022000
The Jets chant was in previous Maddens, it's not new.
nice.. LOL
Ian has sure become a polished Marketing exec now as well
Old 06-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #23
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Guys -

A quote here and there is fine. Do not copy and paste the interview here. Bill is a good guy, and deserves to have people go to his website to read the interview.

Thanks.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

They shouldnt make DQ drop backs automatic. Even in a 5 WR spread you should be able to do a QB sneak if you want to anyway to try and trick the defense plus it gives you total control of the QB. Auto drop backs should only happen if you dont touch anything. Presentation playing the game looks great. Its just the Pregame,halftime,and post game that looks stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »