Home

Fight Night Round 4 Review

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Review within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Good review. I was so surprised by the overall quality of this game. One bad thing, is it has kept UFC Undisputed in its game box and not in my PS3.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Good review. I was so surprised by the overall quality of this game. One bad thing, is it has kept UFC Undisputed in its game box and not in my PS3.

Same here, except on xbox 360.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 31

Totally agree with the review and the score. Its really the first excellent sports game of the year and pending how NHL10 turns out very well may be my sports game of the year. Fun to play, sexy to look at, great atmosphere, solid single player, multiplayer, and forthcoming post release with DLC and possibly gameplay tweaks. Solid 9-9.5 imo.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
Life is short Pray hard!

Sundropjunkie's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Great stuff. Nice read. I can't wait to get off work to play this some more. I've been making all of my friends so that I can put them into my legacy and bash there faces in. It's really entertaining.
Now that's funny right there!

Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Volunteers,USC,Oregon
Atlanta Braves
Chicago Bulls

GT: Sundropjunkie
Old 06-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7
You must not play baseball games and The Show 09!

Great boxing game, no doubt, but The Show is Game of the Year, if you know baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 PM   #22
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
9.8 IMO...GREATEST. Boxing Game. EVER. Now give us DLC for De La Hoya, Mayweather, Holyfield, & Bowe.
yeah if they add those boxers, ill give it a 9.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
7 IMO. It's funny that you didn't mention that stick mashing is the new trend and annoys some just as much as button mashing did. The online world is the selling point for me and it's flawed. If you have a record of say 7-2 and your opponent is 151-3 he will likely not play you for fear of real competition. They took out button mashing I guess because they say it as cheese, but this game still attracts 80% of the mice flying around in the gaming world.
dude, u will encounter cheese in every sports online. thats just the way it is. albeit, now-a-days developers do the best they can to stop some things but they cant focus all thier time on that.

u want to have a good time online? play people u know and buddy's and on ur friends list. thats what thier there for. thats what i been doing and i been having a ball online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
No way Show is better looking than FN. I like The Show's authenticity on the graphics front, but there are a lot of anti-aliasing issues, not to mention ghosting etc. I believe I even saw that the developers were planning on tweaking the player models next year.
thats a big statement but i wont argue. i think THE SHOW look just as good. maybe not in the players, but in the overall look of the game.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #23
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15
Wow, I kept playing the demo over and over and after reading this review during the day, I decided enough was enough of Hatton vs Pacquio so I went and bought it. This game is amazing. I really haven't played boxing games much over the years and never really played any Fight Night game other than a few times. The only other boxing games I got into were the original Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on NES and Evander Holyfield Real Deal Boxing on Genesis. I played the first Rocky game on GC and had fun with it for story, but it wasn't anywhere near as fun as this.

As far as graphically vs the Show, it should look better since there are only 2 models to really pay attention to rather than all the baseball players on the field. Either way, these are 2 great sports games that are going to keep me busy all year probably. I think I'll be holding off on Madden and NCAA this year.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:52 AM   #24
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
GIVE US DLC!

ernie shavers, James "bonecrusher" smith , James Buster douglas, Gerry cooney, Ivan Drago, clubber lang, Tyrell biggs, etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »