Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog, featuring new faces and DNA.

Quote:
"Now I know what you're thinking, "Is this the first official gameplay blog?" Nope, not yet! You get to hear from me once more until we get into the meat of our game (presentation, visuals, gameplay and menus). What's the topic for today; new rookie DNA and overall ratings. You're probably wondering why each year we don't show screens of the rookies in their new uniforms and show off their overall rating like Madden does. Well, the fast answer to this question is because the NBA Players Association is very different from the NFL Players Association. In the NFL, when a player reports to the combine, they're officially part of the NFL Players Association. However, in the NBA a rookie isn't part of the NBA Players association until they sign their team contract. We aren't allowed to show anything (screens, ratings, etc.) until a player signs on the dotted line. With that said, we CAN sign a player for marketing purposes, and this year we did just that.

If you were watching the NBA Draft last week, you may have seen the "EA SPORTS" medallion once or twice. That's because we were the official sponsors of the NBA Draft. We signed Blake Griffin, Hasheem Thabeet and Stephen Curry. In today's blog I'm going to reveal what their collegiate DNA does for the Clippers, Grizzlies and Warriors respectively, and also show what their team's DNA looks like without them in the starting lineup. I'll also reveal their overall ratings for you ratings junkies."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New NBA LIVE 10 Inside Blog post : New Faces, New DNA

Good stuff Marcus, agree with the ratings as well. Anxiously anticipating the upcoming blogs.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18
Thumbs up Re: New NBA LIVE 10 Inside Blog post : New Faces, New DNA

interesting stuff my friend, interesting stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Now this DNA blog, IMO, is a gameplay blog, as what we see here is vitally important to how the game plays. Good stuff indeed. Being a greedy SOB, I'll ask, can you guys comment on how players will play in transition as it relates to their DNA profile.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

IDK What to say Steph........ Jus a gud azz blog lol. It was very informative. Man i just love how the Team DNA will change depending on who comes in. So what about the Player DNA changing??? Im not 4sure if i seen anything about that. Other then that was the blog so far. ( Also, cool thing that i seen was the DNA Strand instead of the block bar like on live09. lol. Good change).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
We're changing the overall ratings scale BIG TIME in NBA LIVE 10. Last year, an 80 rated player was not really that good in our game. We think that's crap, so the average players will be around the 75 range, and 80 rated players are pretty damn good! We think you'll really like way we did this for NBA LIVE 10.
This isn't going to turn out like 04 is it? I think it was 04 anyway where there were guys in the 20's and really good players in the 70's.

The DNA stuff is sounding good anyway.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Now this DNA blog, IMO, is a gameplay blog, as what we see here is vitally important to how the game plays. Good stuff indeed. Being a greedy SOB, I'll ask, can you guys comment on how players will play in transition as it relates to their DNA profile.
Thats what im wondering. I like how the players pretty much average out how the team plays, but Im not seeing how a coaching style affects them so maybe that has alot to do with the decision on whether they play transition basketball or halfcourt set plays
Old 07-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
This isn't going to turn out like 04 is it? I think it was 04 anyway where there were guys in the 20's and really good players in the 70's.

The DNA stuff is sounding good anyway.
Nope, not that low...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »