Home

Out of the Park Baseball X Review

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball X Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: Out of the Park Baseball X Review

Ok, I finally got some decent playtime with OOTP X.

It's still good, same old OOTP greatness. But IMHO, as with a lot of other sports games, we're getting dangerously close to this series not innovating enough. It's starting to feel a tad stale, hopefully next year some things are changed and moved around to make things easier for the beginner/lazy player
Old 07-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #10
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Ok, I finally got some decent playtime with OOTP X.

It's still good, same old OOTP greatness. But IMHO, as with a lot of other sports games, we're getting dangerously close to this series not innovating enough. It's starting to feel a tad stale, hopefully next year some things are changed and moved around to make things easier for the beginner/lazy player
I second that. I love OOTP and have been playing since version 2 but with each new version I become less and less excited....mainly because I feel there is not much to add to the game. This is a positive though because its saying they have covered the simulation of baseball.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
I second that. I love OOTP and have been playing since version 2 but with each new version I become less and less excited....mainly because I feel there is not much to add to the game. This is a positive though because its saying they have covered the simulation of baseball.
I've always felt the OOTP series was moving towards the perfect simulation of baseball. I hadn't bought a version since OOTP 2007. I heard I missed out on a good one in 9 so I decided to buy X. Markus has made it to where I don't feel the need to buy a new text baseball game because of how good the game is. It's not the typical EA style where some features disappear and reappear every year just to keep people coming back for the fix. Markus goes above and beyond to deliver a solid game every time. After playing X, I doubt I will buy another version, not because it's bad, but because of how good it is...if that makes sense.

I'm still holding out for an American football version of the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »