Home

Under the Radar Teams That Are a MUST USE in NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on Under the Radar Teams That Are a MUST USE in NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Under the Radar Teams That Are a MUST USE in NCAA Football 10

If you are like me and like to use a variety of teams and offenses here is a run down of some teams for you to try out when you get the game.

In no particular order:

Florida Atlantic- If you like to pass FAU is a team you should check out. A spread team who is lead by their star QB Rusty Smith. Smith is a 6'5 pocket passer with a big arm. A legit NFL prospect with prototype skills. While FAU does not have much of a run game, they do have solid receivers with decent speed. This is a team I used a lot last year, even online. I had a lot of success with Rusty Smith at the helm. He is only gonna be better this year so that should be fun. The defense is average across the board but they have good speed for a small school (Florida speed i guess).

Buffalo- They were once the laughing stock of the NCAA. Last year they were MAC Champions. They didn't lose much from that team, but they did lose their starting QB Drew Willy who was an integral part of their success. They do however return three stars. RB James Starks, WR Naaman Roosevelt, and S Devonte Shannon. James Starks is a big RB with decent speed, hands, and power. Naaman Roosevelt is a big play threat who will have an impact no matter who is throwing him the ball. And Devonte Shannon is not your typical ball hawking safety, but rather he's not afraid to stick his nose in run support. If their QB has the ability to manage the game, they will be a solid solid sleeper.

Western Michigan- A surprise team last year, the Broncos were a team that I won a few games with online. They are lead on offense by NFL prospect Tim Hiller who stands at 6'5 230. Another pocket passer with a big arm and accuracy. WMU, unlike FAU, has a capable RB for their spread attack in Brandon West. A small, quick back who is a big play threat and capable receiver out of the backfield. Their receivers are average. Last year, their secondary held the defense together. They lost the entire secondary including second round pick Louis Delmas, but do get Miami transfer Doug Wiggins. If you like to air it out, WMU is a team to try out because of their QB Hiller.

Central Michigan- Do I really need to give reasons why to use CMU? Look no further than Heisman hopeful Dan LeFevour. LeFevour is a dual threat QB who is good for 3,000 passing and another 1,000 rushing a season. He's a poor man's Tebow who can single handedly take over a game. No experienced RB's returned, but the Chippewas boast two very good receivers who couldn't be anymore different. Bryan Anderson is a 6'5 possession receiver and a Antonio Brown is 5'10 stick of dynamite. Once again, another spread team who runs the option while also airing it out. LeFevour is a must use. He can do it all.

Navy- No matter what year it is, Navy is a must use just for the offense. They basically lost their entire offense, but they just keep plugging guys into that offense and it works.

Nevada- The "Pack" present a unique offense. If your tired of playing a tradition I-formation power running game, give Nevada a try. They are one of the elite rushing teams in the country. They are lead by their dual threat QB Colin Kaepernick. He stands 6'6 but don't let that fool you. He uses those long strides to out run defenders on his way to the endzone. He's not a bad passer either. They have two very good RB's who are more pounders than speedsters. RB Vai Taua is a fireplug who burst onto the scene last year for 1500 yards. The man who got hurt giving Taua an opportunity, Luke Lippincott was an underrated star in the pistol before his injury. Kaepernick, Taua, and Lippincott offer a unique rushing attack to try.

Memphis- If Memphis is rated correctly, they should be a solid team to compete with. They are loaded at the skill positions with big school transfers. Their QB Arkleon Hall is athletic and has a big time arm. Behind him is RB Curtis Steele who averaged 5.5 yards a carry last year. Spelling him is Wiconsin transfer Lance Smith who is a burner and big time gamebreaking threat. Now to the receivers. I don't think there is a bigger group of receivers in CFB. Their #1 target is Duke Calhoun who has some serious skills. 6'4 with 4.3 speed. Next to him is 6'8...yes 6'8 Carlos Singelton. I know I'm gonna give Memphis a try just for him. Add to that Miami transfer Jermaine McKenzie at 6'3 and that is some serious size. Oh I almost forgot another Miami transfer, 6'5 TE DajLeon Farr who was a big time recruit 4 years ago. Interesting group of players to say the least.

Southern Miss- As is a common theme amongst these teams, talent at the skills positions is what makes Southern Miss attractive. QB Austin Davis is a young dual threat QB. RB Damion Fletcher is the key to the offense. Certainly not the biggest guy at 5'10 177, Fletcher is quick and explosive and has the ability to take it to the house at any moment. The Golden Eagles also boast a talented group of WR's lead by Super Soph 6'6 DeAndre Brown. This kid is a special talent who is in the same category as Julio Jones and AJ Green. He should be a CB's worst nightmare.

SMU- Ok maybe they are a year or two away, but this is an extremely young team who is worth a look. If you were a fan of all those air it out Hawaii teams, well this is the same June Jones team. A nice dynasty team if you want a challenge.

Tulsa- They lost some key players from a top 25 team last year, but this is a high power offense who just happens to have one of my favorite players- 6'3 230 lb FB/HB/TE Charles Clay. This guy is a jack of all trades. He can run and is one of the best receivers out of the backfield to boot. They also have the diminutive 5'8 Damarius Johnson who just makes plays.

Houston- To say this is a pass happy team is an understatement. Star QB Case Keenum threw for over 5,000 yards 44 TD's and just 11 INTs. Yes, the next "star" QB in the long line of great college QB's from Houston. Behind him is the reigning CUSA Freshman POY Bryce Beall who averaged over 6 yards per carry.

Baylor- Robert Griffin III. Enough Said.

I hope you guys like my input and try out some of these teams. Feel free to add to it or discuss anything I may have missed.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii

Last edited by gator3guy; 07-13-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Under the Radar Teams that are MUST USE in NCAA 10

This is a much better list than the one OS did about a month ago..Notre Dame, Florida.. the usual suspects.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
This is a much better list than the one OS did about a month ago..Notre Dame, Florida.. the usual suspects.
Yea I remember that. I was just making my own list of "smaller" teams I want to play with when I get the game and decided I'd share my thoughts.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Pretty much all of those teams will suck in the game. Baylor might be decent for cheesers because of their speedy QB.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #5
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
If you are like me and like to use a variety of teams and offenses here is a run down of some teams for you to try out when you get the game.

In no particular order:

SMU- Ok maybe they are a year or two away, but this is an extremely young team who is worth a look. If you were a fan of all those air it out Hawaii teams, we'll this is the same June Jones team. A nice dynasty team if you want a challenge.

Baylor- Robert Griffin III. Enough Said.

I hope you guys like my input and try out some of these teams. Feel free to add to it or discuss anything I may have missed.
Watch out, enough said! LOL
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Southern Miss FTW.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #7
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

Great article, these teams are good suggestions for dynasty mode.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

generally good suggestions, but its next to impossible to radar any team until we know the ratings. a lot of people are hoping the way they would play with their teambuilder roster vs the ea locker roster will differ drastically. good thread tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »