Home

MLB 09 The Show Predicts NL Will Win the 2009 MLB All-Star Game

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Predicts NL Will Win the 2009 MLB All-Star Game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 09 The Show Predicts NL Will Win the 2009 MLB All-Star Game

Read the full press release, right here. Screenshots included.

Quote:
"MLB 09 THE SHOW, the popular baseball videogame for the PS3, was used to simulate the 2009 MLB All-Star Game and predicts the National League will win the title for the NL's 42nd victory since 1933. This ends a streak where the American League has won the past 12 All-Star Games (tie in 2002). Tim Lincecum threw two scoreless innings including four strikeouts, and collected one hit, on his way to earning MVP honors. The day included a number of spectacular plays including a towering solo homerun from Mark Teixeira of the Yankees in the 4th inning, and a key play in the 7th where the Jays’ Aaron Hill raced for home on a bloop single from Ichiro but could not beat a perfect throw from Ryan Braun. A combined bullpen effort of four strikeouts from the Padres’ Heath Bell and the Mets’ Francisco Rodriguez helped seal the win for the NL."

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: MLB 09 The Show Predicts NL Will Win the 2009 MLB All-Star Game

Now only if players would wear their teams jerseys in the game.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

^Word.

The AL has won both in 2009 and 2010 in my franchise. I let them duke it out themselves.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 41
No way will Tim Lincecum get a hit (or an at-bat, for that matter), and no way Ichiro gets 3 hits (or 3 at-bats, for that matter). I would have liked to see a simulation with real lineups and playing time.

Clever for them to get screens with no other players in the background, making it look like it's from the same game, but obviously it's not. I would have settled for images of the players in the BP uniforms because they got those right this year.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Did the NL comeback in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs to score all their runs on a walk-off? LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Sedihawk2K5's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
No way will Tim Lincecum get a hit (or an at-bat, for that matter), and no way Ichiro gets 3 hits (or 3 at-bats, for that matter). I would have liked to see a simulation with real lineups and playing time.

Clever for them to get screens with no other players in the background, making it look like it's from the same game, but obviously it's not. I would have settled for images of the players in the BP uniforms because they got those right this year.
Agreed on the uni's. I saw that and thought "whoa, they must have patched the game or something to get the real uni's" but nope, still the same.

Also, actually Ichiro did go 3-for-3 just two years ago when he won the MVP of the '07 game. So it is possible?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedihawk2K5
Also, actually Ichiro did go 3-for-3 just two years ago when he won the MVP of the '07 game. So it is possible?
That's true... I just saw that he was leading off, too. I don't think they have too many outfielders in the AL, so he might get a disproportionate number of at-bats compared to infielders (and obviously pitchers, who will get zero at-bats unless the AL bats around in the first).
Old 07-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps

LOL....seriously...why even waste that time trying to fool people?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »