Home

Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Syracuse is a 3*** just for the fact of what they accomplished long in the past in the days of Ernie Davis and Jim Brown.
LOL, in the 1950's

They should be a 1* or 2* program - fired coach, poor talent, consistently terrible. Haven't competed for anything meaningful in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Yeah I definitely think PSU should be 6* as well.
Agree, this was another one I was mulling over.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
Gotta say.. If Boise State and Utah are 5* then Penn State should be 6*. Course I think PSU should be 6* in the first place.
Sure. Boise State has as many BCS wins as Penn State (1) while Utah has as many BSC wins (2) as PSU has BCS appearances. I think PSU is right where they should be, especially with all the down years they had in this decade.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #19
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Sure. Boise State has as many BCS wins as Penn State (1) while Utah has as many BSC wins (2) as PSU has BCS appearances. I think PSU is right where they should be, especially with all the down years they had in this decade.
Prestige = History
Penn State's history > Boise State's and Utah's history

That being said.. I think PSU is probably only 5* because they only have 2 National Championships.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 07-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 39

If they really wanted to stir up some controversy, they would have put Utah at 6*...which might have been OK imo.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #21
Rookie

shmoeco's Arena

OVR: 2

There is no way MSU should be a 3, they should be a 4 for sure.

i think boise state and utah are both to high. they wouldnt have such good records if they played in a real conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #22
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Wait? Is this current prestige or including past? If it includes past, these rankings are ridiculous, if it includes just maybe the last 2-3 years, then having Notre Dame as a 6* is a joke.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Open ramble, be warned.

I understand that a number of things go into how the prestige rating is determined, but I personally feel that Al Groh and Virginia recruit better and put better talent into the pros on a more consistent basis than many other 3* schools; in particular over the last three years we've had (by my count) four first-round draft picks (Ferguson, Long, Albert, Monroe) and we have had many other players have been drafted. Clearly the program's results and tradition of my Wahoos don't match up with many of the schools above them, however.

The reason this is a problem to me is that the current Prestige rating has too much of an overarching effect; it affects both recruiting and player progression and, along with on-the-field results to some extent, is the ONLY factor in determining player progression.

As such, I do think that the next logical step for Dynasty mode is a deeper prestige rating system that factors in the coach's ability to recruit, develop talent at particular position groups, get the most out of that talent on gameday. In addition, coach progression and regression in these attributes, and these coaches' various coordinators developing and going from school to school, and older coaches retiring, etc. should also be included. The current prestige ranking should remain and have some effect, but the differences between good and bad coaches, as well as coaches on the same tier with different strengths and weaknesses, needs to have an impact in the game as well.

End ramble. Flame away.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 07-13-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

i'll say this...

some ratings people at EA have it in for MSU. that's for sure. don't know why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »