Home

Madden NFL 10 Preview (TGR)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Preview (TGR) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Preview***From Ian's twitter****

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
No, this is a complaint. You've been doing it the last 2 weeks! You thought it was another chance to take a shot at EA when there was actually nothing there to get up in arms about .
i would rather them not have them there if players can just go right through them and for surely not slowing down. from the famous words of APEX, MORPH MORPH!!!

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL
Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #18

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I'd much rather them fall than be immovable objects that you can not run through like they are on last gen NCAA.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
i would rather them not have them there if players can just go right through them and for surely not slowing down. from the famous words of APEX, MORPH MORPH!!!

You can't always go through the refs. The ref will make a move by falling down when you run past them. This is the first time that Madden on next-gen/current-gen has ever had refs.
And MORPHING occurs in nearly EVERY GAME!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
You can't always go through the refs. The ref will make a move by falling down when you run past them. This is the first time that Madden on next-gen/current-gen has ever had refs.
And MORPHING occurs in nearly EVERY GAME!!!!!!!!!!
i was wondering when u would show up matt. your posts doesnt even make sense. A PLAYER RUN PAST A REF AND FALLS DOWN, why would he fall down.

maybe u meant to say run into him. that aint morphing thats a hologram

Old 07-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #21
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
i was wondering when u would show up matt. your posts doesnt even make sense. A PLAYER RUN PAST A REF AND FALLS DOWN, why would he fall down.

It seems like you just ignored this from a person who attended CD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The refs function like they do in APF, you just run them over and they fall on the ground. You do not pass through them like ghosts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
hey thats what happen. respect the ref...lol

im glad they put ref in no doubt but making them into holograms just seems lazy like they telling us "HERE's YOUR REFS, NOW SHUT UP AND GIVE US YOUR MONEY"

Totally Disagree with this! I don't wanna be knocked down by the refs! Just having them there is good enough for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
It seems like you just ignored this from a person who attended CD:
well from the vid where i notice and from this preview. its seems that the CD people were handle a bone. i cant remember the videos and i dont have time to search through every one thats been out but ill try to find at least one

Old 07-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #24
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Do you know how stupid you are making yourself sound right now?

1) You don't want REFEREES to REFEREE the game unless you can run into and be slowed down by the REFEREE. They are called REFEREES for a reason, to call the game, throw flags, set the ball, run the clock, etc. They are not put into the NFL to be ran over by players, if that's the case, why aren't fans on the field?

2) Go outside, go to a referee class, pass the class, go ref a football game. In that football game, if an NFL running back, lets take Brandon Jacobs, he's 6'4" 264lbs, is running FULL SPEED straight towards you, are you going to move out of the way or are you going to man up and get ran over? I think you would want to choose door #1 for the safety of you and your family. How can there be a problem with the ref falling to the ground avoiding contact? Also, when the ref does get ran over in Madden, just because it doesn't slow the runner down doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game. As much as you can say it isn't realistic, in Madden, from what I've seen, the refs are in the way too much. The refs aren't in the way of nearly every play. Just imagine, it's the Super Bowl in your franchise, and you are the Lions (no offense lions fans), and you haven't even been to the playoffs for 12 years (exaggeration meant). It's the 4th quarter, your down by 4 and there is 15 seconds left. You run a play action, like that'll work, and some how the safety bites, Calvin Johnson is wide open over the middle! You beam it perfectly in there with room to spare, Calvin catches it on the run and is on a breakaw---and the ref got in the way of Calvin and he fumbles! The other team got it! Game Over!

That is sooo realistic, yet sooo annoying. When something like that happens, tell me if you would be like, oh well it's a realistic play nothing I can do there. Or are you gonna call up EA and sue them for all the money you don't have? I think you'd go with door #2 this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »