Home

Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots

the ultimate "GM" mode in a sports game i've ever played is by far College Hoops 2k8... if EA sports is headed in that direction with the NHL series, I will be so so so happy

CH2k8 is w/out a doubt imo an inferior game to what NHL10 looks like it will be (based on last years game and what ppl have said about the editions thus far) yet I am still playing 2k8 to this day... thats how good its coach mode is
Old 07-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Nice stuff, but if season length isn't customizable and I have to play 82 games I'll probably never see any of it. I don't want to sim games.
Oh and will this be a multiplayer feature ?
Same here. I'll doubt i will be at the trade deadline more then once, I as well don't want to sim games. I loose all interest if i start simming games and i don't feel that involved with the team.

I find it incredibly interesting to go into the stats page mid season and see how my players have preformed. Sorting by different columns and comparing to the rest of the league. Looking at the league leaders, comparing teams powerplay and penalty kill percentages. Knowing that i have made all those goals, my team that i control have the 5th best power play in the league etc..

If i have simmed games and see that that RW on my team that i struggle to score with and thinking of trading have absolutely been on fire while simming scoring in every game or my team has made a huge jump in the penalty kill statistics. I just loose all interest to continue with the save.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeable
Same here. I'll doubt i will be at the trade deadline more then once, I as well don't want to sim games. I loose all interest if i start simming games and i don't feel that involved with the team.

I find it incredibly interesting to go into the stats page mid season and see how my players have preformed. Sorting by different columns and comparing to the rest of the league. Looking at the league leaders, comparing teams powerplay and penalty kill percentages. Knowing that i have made all those goals, my team that i control have the 5th best power play in the league etc..

If i have simmed games and see that that RW on my team that i struggle to score with and thinking of trading have absolutely been on fire while simming scoring in every game or my team has made a huge jump in the penalty kill statistics. I just loose all interest to continue with the save.
So play the games then...

I play the games and write franchises. Its not that bad...step outside your box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
the ultimate "GM" mode in a sports game i've ever played is by far College Hoops 2k8... if EA sports is headed in that direction with the NHL series, I will be so so so happy

CH2k8 is w/out a doubt imo an inferior game to what NHL10 looks like it will be (based on last years game and what ppl have said about the editions thus far) yet I am still playing 2k8 to this day... thats how good its coach mode is
I like NFL Head Coach 09 more.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 07-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #13
Banned

I need blood, give me blood. That is the one thing this game is lacking. If someone get's highsticked make them bleed, thus creating a double minor. Or if someone gets a puck to the mouth I want to see some teeth flying. Who the hell cares if the game get's a "T" rating? Seriously do any of us actually care if the game is a T as opposed to an E10? I can bet any amount of money that game sales will not be down just because of a letter they might actually be up. EA has made a T rated simulation sports game with Fight Night. Why can't they do the same with the NHL franchise? Because to truly make a simulation hockey and represent everything that happends on the ice any given game they need to make the next step, and step over the boundery, and cross into the rated T thresh hold.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #14
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
I like NFL Head Coach 09 more.
well not only do i disagree, but NFL head coach isnt actually a sports game... you don't play the game, which was my point
Old 07-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #15
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYA-MUSTANG86
I need blood, give me blood. That is the one thing this game is lacking. If someone get's highsticked make them bleed, thus creating a double minor. Or if someone gets a puck to the mouth I want to see some teeth flying. Who the hell cares if the game get's a "T" rating? Seriously do any of us actually care if the game is a T as opposed to an E10? I can bet any amount of money that game sales will not be down just because of a letter they might actually be up. EA has made a T rated simulation sports game with Fight Night. Why can't they do the same with the NHL franchise? Because to truly make a simulation hockey and represent everything that happends on the ice any given game they need to make the next step, and step over the boundery, and cross into the rated T thresh hold.
I am sure you weren't really looking for an answer, but here is one anyway.

Yes it really would affect sales, or else they would do it. Kids play video games and parents have to buy kids video games. Kids cannot buy those kind of rated video games and must get parents to do so. I am guessing you would be very shocked to learn how many people would not get the game with a worse rating. Not something the NHL or EA want to tackle.

Can adults like us handle it, sure. If you play hockey you see that stuff often anyway. However, you know how conservative this country is and over sensitive. As long as games have ratings this game a long with all other hockey games with the NHL and NHLPA license will keep it rated as is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #16
Rookie

Chase man, you are not helping with making having to wait until September any easier! With each update I swear I feel my time doing much of anything else except play hockey (and watch it) with be practically nonexistent. This game looks amazing, you guys really want a hat trick for Sports game of the year and you want it with a hockey game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »