Home

Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 02:06 AM   #17
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Exclusive: NHL 10 Be A GM Video and Screenshots

Blood does not belong in "team sport" video games, period, nor should it belong unless it's a true "fighting sport" such as MMA, boxing or professional wrestling. Yes, we know blood is part of team sports but it always comes as a result of an accident or some horrible occurrence. I'd feel sick to my stomach if a game came along that could potentially replicate the events of the Clint Malarchuk or Richard Zednik accidents.

Why is blood such a big deal in hockey games, anyway? Are people still on that Swingers shtick from the late '90s? If you want to make Gretzky's head bleed so much, play NHLPA '93, it's still out there...

/rant. But I still like the idea of GM Mode and would like to try it out for myself. September couldn't be further away.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:49 AM   #18
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm kind of a stats geek, so "Be a GM" will be loads of fun for me.

This mode sounds very detailed and quite involved. For me...it's going to be great to have things evolving with my dynasty right in front of me, in text. Rather than just having to use my imagination to keep dynasty mode interesting.

Solid gameplay and a rather deep dynasty experience, should keep me playing NHL'10' for several months.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:56 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
do u know how many kids play halo, spiderman, transformers, batman, tony hawk, skate, cabela games, incredibles, fantastic 4, rock band, guitar hero, ironman, street racing games, ghostbusters, kink kong, star wars, hulk, ninja turtles, or x men. these are just a few games that 99.999% of parents would buy for kids that are rated t and halo rated m. Parents do look at the ratings but i think if a 6 year old who loves to play hockey and who wants the game really really bad would get it even though its rated t. parents know that even though hockey is rated t it wont give there child nightmares about blood. its just hockey. if hockey was rated t they would have com and sence to know its only bec it has a little fighting or some blood and that would not cause them to leave and say dont you ever play hockey games again. no parent is just going to walk in see nhl (a sport that there kid watches everyday) is rated t and then walk out with no nhl.

you cant say that people would be suprised to see how many sales they would lose when they would lose none. i am guessing youd be very shocked to learn how many people would still get the game with a higher rating. Also the reason they havent done it yet i bec theres more to focus on then just spending all there time putting blood on there face once every 10 games; not bec they would lose sales.

i dont care if they did or not, its pretty pointless to me. i dont care for the gm mode either. all i want is to do is lead calgary to the cup and have amazing gameplay and beat some chumps online with amazing gameplay. but since there gameplay is already top notch why not spend some time on what lots of people want. i hate sport games that dont focus on gameplay and then put extra modes in it.(ncaa football 10). the nhl series is the definition of how a sports game should be made
Old 07-17-2009, 05:36 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I am sure you weren't really looking for an answer, but here is one anyway.

Yes it really would affect sales, or else they would do it. Kids play video games and parents have to buy kids video games. Kids cannot buy those kind of rated video games and must get parents to do so. I am guessing you would be very shocked to learn how many people would not get the game with a worse rating. Not something the NHL or EA want to tackle.

Can adults like us handle it, sure. If you play hockey you see that stuff often anyway. However, you know how conservative this country is and over sensitive. As long as games have ratings this game a long with all other hockey games with the NHL and NHLPA license will keep it rated as is.
But kids shouldn´t play this game. If I dont remember it wrong, the age mark on the box (PEGI) is 16+. So it is no game for kids and it is the parents damn responsibility to control that their kids under 16 doesn´t play the game!

Edit: Confirmed that it is 16+ that is the age-mark for the NHL-games. (Just look at this screenshot and see the mark in the corner down to the left)
http://www.webhallen.com/pic_large.php?id=88522

So this is no game for kids. I dont understand why they should play a game that they are not allowed to play.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8

The wish for blood is irrelevant anyway. the NHL will never agree to add blood to their game.

The last game to have blood in it was NHLPA 93 and that only had the license for the NHLPA and not NHL license.

The following year's game, NHL 94 had the NHL license, but the blood was removed because the NHL does not want it's league name associated with something that is "too violent".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #22
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
looking good so far.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

That's strange, Sportsmats, because my copy of NHL 09 HAS A E (Everyone 10+) rating, which EA will ensure they keep. To say that kids shouldn't play the game is ridiculous.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

How will the games be handled in GM Mode? By that I mean will it be like Head Coach, were you are not actually playing but coaching or some sort of spectator mode perhaps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »