Home

NHL 2K10 Feature Blowout (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Feature Blowout (IGN) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
NHL 2K10 Feature Blowout (IGN)

IGN has posted a feature blowout for NHL 2K10.

Quote:
"With the hockey season starting back up in just a few short months 2K has pulled back the curtain on the next wave of on-ice action. In this full-feature interview we sit down with producer Ben Bishop to talk about the 360 and PS3 versions of the game, as well as the huge innovation going on in the Wii arena. Check out our chat below, and start sharpening those skates. It may be the middle of summer, but hockey season is just around the corner."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii

Last edited by kcxiv; 07-22-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: IGN 2K10 preview

Ho-hum, the Wii is dumb.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Ho-hum, the Wii is dumb.
ho hum, it says all 3. Its just pimping the wii more, beucse of the motion plus and all that crap. I dont own a wii, so meh.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

Stick lifts and stumble shots across all platforms, with the rest being about Wii motion controls. This is their big info blowout? Really? Are you f'in kidding me?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
ho hum, it says all 3. Its just pimping the wii more, beucse of the motion plus and all that crap. I dont own a wii, so meh.
I said the Wii is dumb...didn't ever say that I thought the whole article was on the Wii only, did I?

And yes...I don't own a Wii either...so ditto on the 'meh'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 38

As I feared its all about the Wii and the ps3 and 360 are a after thought
Cant blame 2k from a money standpoint as it is a business and last years game wasnt to bad overall.

Baa im calling you and your Wii out lol j/k

Last edited by dorismary; 07-22-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Stick lifts and stumble shots across all platforms, with the rest being about Wii motion controls. This is their big info blowout? Really? Are you f'in kidding me?
Whats funny is that I'm not even let down...in fact, this is exactly what I expected. I've bought almost every NHL 2k game but they are getting really close to losing my interest all together...not that they care, but I do. I've always liked 2k hockey.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Uh, this whole section is in regards to PS3 and 360:

IGN: If I had some friends over playing, could I send them a Create-a-Team? Or is it something like if you create a team and you put all the work into it, you want the gamers to keep their own?

2K: Whoever creates the team can send out invites for other people to join their team, and then once you've joined the team you're basically a member of that team and when you choose to play a game whoever's online at the time can choose to be out there on the ice playing against whatever other teams you're able to find and match up against.

IGN: Is there anything else you want to mention specifically on the 360 or PS3 side? Otherwise I can move on to Wii-specific stuff.

2K: The other thing that I think you kind of touched on in your question initially was 2K Share, and being able to share things. And this obviously wasn't something that made it into NHL 2K9, so it's something we definitely wanted to bring on board for 2K10. Now with 2K Share you can upload rosters, you can upload game sliders, you can upload created players and a new addition to it this year is you can actually upload draft classes. So if you want to upload the upcoming draft class, and you want to set it up with all these specific guys with a bunch of your friends, or if you want to go back and create some draft classes fro m the past you can do that. And then you can upload it via 2K Share and then when you get to that point in the off-season with your Franchise, it'll give you the option to take the game's generated draft class, or one of your own, or one that you've downloaded from 2K Share. So it's another way to mix things up in Franchise and give you some extra replayability with all that. And then that applies to the Wii of course, as well.

We also have a brand new stick lift system as well across all systems, so you can lift up opponent sticks and stop them from getting passes, and on the opposite side we also have a new stumble shot system, so if you're getting pushed or bumped while taking a shot the AI will know to try and take that shot anyways. In the past it was really annoying as you'd hit the shot button, but since there was a bump or a small check you won't shoot, and that's been in NHL games for a long time now. We've eliminated that, so now if you hit the shot button your player will try to make the best of the shot and still fire away, and that will remove a lot of the disconnect that comes with the check/shooting system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »