Home

2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #33
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Feature List

[quote=RealmK;2039899988] Or send a player down thats under performing only to have them look completely different when you bring them back up (usually bald)

LOL, Now that's funny. I didn't get to experience that one but it would have cracked me up for sure. It wasn't perfect but definitely better than the past few versions. I willing to give VC time to get it fixed since it was their first year with MLB. Anyone who can make a basketball game as realistic as NBA 2k and improve year after year gets all the patience in the world from me. They have a proven track record.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Feature List

[quote=Eddie1967;2039900062]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Or send a player down thats under performing only to have them look completely different when you bring them back up (usually bald)

LOL, Now that's funny. I didn't get to experience that one but it would have cracked me up for sure. It wasn't perfect but definitely better than the past few versions. I willing to give VC time to get it fixed since it was their first year with MLB. Anyone who can make a basketball game as realistic as NBA 2k and improve year after year gets all the patience in the world from me. They have a proven track record.
Fair enough, the NBA sku is generally solid, I personally liked NBA2k8 more than 2k9 due to the lack of help defense in 2k9 (players don't rotate to pick up open players) They did lose a couple key guys to the NBA Live team last year as well which might explain a few things.

Like I said, looking forward to trying it out but this has to be the year, if 2k10 does not completely blow me away I'm done with 2k hockey for awhile.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #35
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

how can people say GREAT JOB 2K Or be pissed at them as far as not buying the game.. We have 2 freakin screens and a feature set...What can anyone tell about this. Truthfully I'm kinda upset at 2k because we have gotten nothing imo...Ea has release gameplay videos already.. They were sending us screens months ago. These games are coing out in september correct??? Why is there no hype for this game.. I love hockey but can only get one game...I am looking to put my preorder in very soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
how can people say GREAT JOB 2K Or be pissed at them as far as not buying the game.. We have 2 freakin screens and a feature set...What can anyone tell about this. Truthfully I'm kinda upset at 2k because we have gotten nothing imo...Ea has release gameplay videos already.. They were sending us screens months ago. These games are coing out in september correct??? Why is there no hype for this game.. I love hockey but can only get one game...I am looking to put my preorder in very soon.
IGN has about 7 pics of the game up on their site. It actually looks really good too.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #37
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Well first of all, there is more than 2 pics. Secondly, there is suppose to be a gameplay vid next week supposedly. How can we get excited about this? Well, based on the 13 pics there are, it's an obvious graphics improvement over 2K9. Second, based on the features they have listed, they are all very welcome features. Granted, the gameplay demos will help , though I don't even put much stock into them, as there is usually idiots playing and on the default settings. So I guess yeah, wait for the demo before...wait the demo usually sucks as well. In any case, it seems quite apparent that VC is finally making 2K hockey a next gen title. That's plenty to get excited about if you're a 2K fan all in itself.

PS:The gameplay vids for EA didn't impress me, but that's most likely because of what I already said.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well first of all, there is more than 2 pics. Secondly, there is suppose to be a gameplay vid next week supposedly. How can we get excited about this? Well, based on the 13 pics there are, it's an obvious graphics improvement over 2K9. Second, based on the features they have listed, they are all very welcome features. Granted, the gameplay demos will help , though I don't even put much stock into them, as there is usually idiots playing and on the default settings. So I guess yeah, wait for the demo before...wait the demo usually sucks as well. In any case, it seems quite apparent that VC is finally making 2K hockey a next gen title. That's plenty to get excited about if you're a 2K fan all in itself.

PS:The gameplay vids for EA didn't impress me, but that's most likely because of what I already said.

Where did you hear about the vid next week? I want a link to see where you are getting this info. Because I need to go to that site.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Where did you hear about the vid next week? I want a link to see where you are getting this info. Because I need to go to that site.

It was from Ronnie's blog. He said he saw glimpses of a gameplay trailer. Link: http://www.facebook.com/Ronnie2K?ref...8428829&ref=mf

if you can't access it here is the quote:

Quote:
On to NHL. Monday saw the release of the first screen of gameplay action for 2K10: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2265082&id=6993196358. Today is going to see many features released in an exclusive article from IGN (link to be added here later). In anticipation of that, I decided to release the second screen (http://www.facebook.com/2KSports#/photo.php?pid=2276619&id=6993196358&ref=mf) and then offered more NHL 2K9 shirts for the first three who re-tweeted. Hope you guys enjoy the shirts! The gameplay features are wide ranging and really terrific this year as explained in the article, and now videos will start being released as we get closer to release. Seen cuts of the first one... so it's not far off. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Ovi, you are the man!
Old 07-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai123
It was from Ronnie's blog. He said he saw glimpses of a gameplay trailer. Link: http://www.facebook.com/Ronnie2K?ref...8428829&ref=mf

if you can't access it here is the quote:
Thanks bro!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »