Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview

I enjoyed the read thanks
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu
Old 07-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
Wow, it sounds like this is going to be absolutely fantastic.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8
Thats waz up...great info on Madden 10...I played both demos and feel the same about (But while the AI had no issues getting pressure on me, I could not get much pressure on the opposing QB (this is where the slider guys can work their magic). I have tried a few slider settings, but haven't played around with them as much as I'd like to. For the record, I have not recorded a sack while using a defensive lineman. When blitzing with a linebacker, I have had more luck, but it still seems to be very hard to do. If I'm using DeMarcus Ware, I expect to get a little pressure with him, but I have yet to do so. I can understand this when controlling a regular player, but superstars should be more effective.)...This part just aint right! Other than that ...Madden 10 is great!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Thanks Steve. I like the fact that the cpu plays to the strengths of the real life teams. My questions is are they effective? Mainly can good running teams consistently run on All-pro or have you needed to adjust sliders?

The WR/DB backpack looks a little silly but, on the demo at least it doesn't happen that often. Are the receivers going for the ball realistically in this build or are they doing the over the wrong shoulder bending, twisting crap they do in the demo?

The night time Superbowl game looks awesome. How's the lighting/shadowing on day games?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #21
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Nice preview. It's good to see EA actually getting its act together after a few years of spinning it wheels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7
Based on this preview, it sounds like if EA releases a good patch this may actually be my first Madden in 4 years. That celebrating with the player that didn't score needs to be fixed. Let's hope that the physics in the retail game are improved as opposed to the demo. I'm willing to pay $40 for a used copy of the game.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #23
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
That was fun to read.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
I can't help but know that this review is totally biased. I am running a count and review playing the demo, and I think the OL blocking in both pass and running is down to about a 33% success rate on a play by play basis.
Meaning, on 1/3 of all offensive plays, the Offensive line will simply ignore a defender, or "stick" to a wrong defender, and end up going parallel to the LOS, sometimes literally standing right in front of my QB.
I think I might have to give notice to all of my leagues that I have been in for over 3 years, because this just doesn't cut it for me anymore.
So you are comparing your experience with a demo to Steve's experience with a later build of the full game? A later build that includes sliders? Really?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »