Home

NHL 2K10 Teaser Trailer (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Teaser Trailer (Gamespot) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 2K10 Teaser Trailer

I will agree that information on 2k10 has been a little slow and dissapointing.

But for TEASER this wasn't bad. I mean I remember when AO did the original goal against PHX. I was dying. Same thing with the Crosby Goal and Nash.
Why do all the great ones abuse the Coyotes.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
WOW, the Arena looked real and the skating look to be smooth too. Plus that is A.O. he can get around any D guy! Plus it was the P.C. they are not a great D team. So I liked what I saw. Looks like the Arenas are going to have more life this year too.
Yeah except the Dmen pretty much just stood there and did nothing. Hooray for 2k9 with stumble shots! Because thats pretty much what this trailer portrays. Hell even the goalies still do that awful studder animation to recenter themselves in the middle of the net after a goal.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Yeah except the Dmen pretty much just stood there and did nothing. Hooray for 2k9 with stumble shots! Because thats pretty much what this trailer portrays. Hell even the goalies still do that awful studder animation to recenter themselves in the middle of the net after a goal.
Yeah that goalie thing is still there, but I am sure they have it on a lower level to show off that move. Plus it is A.O. so don't be shocked when he does anything!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
We already know, no matter what they showed you were not going to be happy. This was just to show something cool that he did back in 2006.

I have watched the goalie about 6 times in a row just now i didnt see any studdering. I see him recenter, but no studdering. Whats he supposed to do after the play, throw his stick and mask? I am not sure whats supposed to happen. Not a big hockey fan here, but just curious.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #21
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
It's a TEASER trailer. Showed 3 OBVIOUS items. Anyone see the first teaser for Modern Warfare II? That didn't show anything at all. Yet, people were all happy. Of course the defender did nothing - it wasn't intended to show you improved defensive AI. It was to show you a new capability.

But regardless of all of that, if they just showed gameplay in a teaser, then it's no longer a teaser. Take it for what it is and give the devs some credit in what they're trying to do instead of spit on things that are tangent of the point of the trailer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #22
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I will say that the trailer was disappointing, but C'mon Flyers. Even when they give us actual gameplay footage, you know as well as I do, it will be played by some nobody on default settings. Ea's gameplay footage looked awful IMO, due to the fact that really we really can't count on what we're lookin for from these gamesite videos. I think the only way to truely tell just how good or bad each game will be is from hands on(not the demos either), though those will be better than these gamesite videos.
I'll take any gameplay videos as you still get to see & tell a lot from seeing the CPU AI, both offensively and defensively.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here are some stills - let the criticizing or praising begin...

Cheers,

Cozmicoz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 1.jpg (81.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 2.jpg (65.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 3.jpg (48.5 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 4.jpg (61.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 5.jpg (71.0 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

More stills...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 6.jpg (72.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 7.jpg (66.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 8.jpg (73.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 9.jpg (73.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 10.jpg (59.1 KB, 81 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »