Home

NHL 2K10 Teaser Trailer (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Teaser Trailer (Gamespot) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 2K10 Teaser Trailer

And finally...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 11.jpg (66.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 12.jpg (53.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 13.jpg (63.1 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg NHL2K10 - 14.jpg (79.2 KB, 79 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
We already know, no matter what they showed you were not going to be happy. This was just to show something cool that he did back in 2006.

I have watched the goalie about 6 times in a row just now i didnt see any studdering. I see him recenter, but no studdering. Whats he supposed to do after the play, throw his stick and mask? I am not sure whats supposed to happen. Not a big hockey fan here, but just curious.
Had they showed something that says that 2k10 is actually an improvement aside from AO shooting from his backside I'd not have a problem with it. Its hard to catch but there is a little studder when he recenters. Had you played 2k9 you'd understand. We're got 6 weeks to go and this is the first in action footage we've gotten, am I seriously the only person that sees a problem with that? So whats 2k's plan? Drop info the week Madden ships and everyone is too busy playing Madden to give a crap?

Bring on the gameplay videos, show us the actual gameplay is a major improvement over 2k9 or better yet drop a demo with adjustable sliders.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 47

The more I think about it realm. I have to disagree with you. One of the AI let him go, but the other D AI cleaned his clock, so what is your point? That looks like what a real D man would do in that situation.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The more I think about it realm. I have to disagree with you. One of the AI let him go, but the other D AI cleaned his clock, so what is your point? That looks like what a real D man would do in that situation.
Its a scripted trailer in the first place Scott.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #29
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

This trailer doesn't show me enough. And that's all I'm going to say about that. Real-time gameplay will make people happy, so if I were 2K I would send preview builds away ASAP. And what the heck is up with that tagline? Is Borat involved with this game in any way?

EDIT: I didn't notice this in the trailer but the goalies don't have the "hunched over" idle animation anymore, nor do they cover 90% of the net. Graphics are a lot more proportional and uniforms are a lot more detailed IMO but not the big leap I thought the screenshots conveyed.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 07-30-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Had they showed something that says that 2k10 is actually an improvement aside from AO shooting from his backside I'd not have a problem with it. Its hard to catch but there is a little studder when he recenters. Had you played 2k9 you'd understand. We're got 6 weeks to go and this is the first in action footage we've gotten, am I seriously the only person that sees a problem with that? So whats 2k's plan? Drop info the week Madden ships and everyone is too busy playing Madden to give a crap?

Bring on the gameplay videos, show us the actual gameplay is a major improvement over 2k9 or better yet drop a demo with adjustable sliders.
So what is your point? They did the same thing last year. They market their game different get over it is all I have to say. It is really that big of a deal? If you can't see that the skating and the players and Arena look better then I don't know what to say. I will say one thing it would be a little easier to take you serious, if you want praising EA's game so much. You are sounding a lot like that guy in the Madden forum. To me that Arena was sick looking. And that was a sweet goal. Hopefully it is not some canned animation, but something you can do with guys like A.O. They did the same thing with Nash's goal last year. They like to show those kind of goals. I am still pumped for this game.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Its a scripted trailer in the first place Scott.
So why did you mention the AI then, if it was all scripted?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #32
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

That looked pretty good.. BUt again, I want to see some blogs, have them focus on 1 area of the game per week aka Top shelf tuesdays or Football fridays with Nfl2k5... A while ago we got a tweet saying we would get info...3 weeks later we got Ovechkin mo cap...Then we got a tweet saying we would get something else...2-3 weeks later we got a feature set... Then last week they said we would get a gameplay video...We got a less then a minute teaser trailer.. I have taken the advice of others on here saying that the game is a little over 1 month aways be patient...I am doing that but they don't make it easy when they give us next to nothing.... Come on already...When do the NHL camps start anyways??

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »