Home

Fedor Emelianenko Headlines EA Sports MMA Roster (Press Release)

This is a discussion on Fedor Emelianenko Headlines EA Sports MMA Roster (Press Release) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #17
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Fedor Emelianenko Headlines EA Sports MMA Roster (Press Release)

I really like the roster they're assembling for this game. I'm buying it for that alone.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
right, because UFC was perfect with all the robotic striking & movement, lack of fighter styles, boring career mode, and inability to even allow a fighter to fight southpaw.
You actually think EA can make a better MMA game that Undisputed??

EA has a reputation of making games with loads of glitches, due to little or no testing. Too much slips thru them.

The striking on Undisputed is not all that bad. And as bad as you think it is, EA will not be able to do any better.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie5146
great news.. at least for hardcore fans, not just UFC junkies
Exactly thank you!

yes ea can make a better game. undisputed is fun in all but its rather simple. not enuff versatility as far as moves go.. ufc sudden impact was way more diverse in the moves and disiplines you could choose. in all honesty i feel sudden impact = undisputed. only reason its equal is because of undisputeds graphics. no tournament mode? how stupid do you have to be to not include that. i hate backing out and reloading just to get some other fighters in there.

EA could gather many good fighters.most undisputed people are just the common fan that are just learning about mma. alot of these fans are from the show The ultimate fighter. thats fine everyone starts somewhere, but learn about mma before making ignorant comments that the roster will suck.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #20
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
You actually think EA can make a better MMA game that Undisputed??

EA has a reputation of making games with loads of glitches, due to little or no testing. Too much slips thru them.

The striking on Undisputed is not all that bad. And as bad as you think it is, EA will not be able to do any better.
have you even played any EA games recently? probably not because you're obviously biased against EA. i'm no fanboy, but i'm willing to give a company a shot before i decide whether they can or can't do something. if that were the case then i would have totally avoided ufc, seeing as the only fighting games thq has put out are average at best wrestling games.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:54 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoDoePapo
in all honesty i feel sudden impact = undisputed.

That's an...interesting...opinion.

By the way, I hope EA makes a great MMA game. I would not mind having two great MMA games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 3

EA > THQ
Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit

That's an...interesting...opinion.

By the way, I hope EA makes a great MMA game. I would not mind having two great MMA games.

ok ill bite..

have you ever played sudden impact?

as far as depth sudden impact wins. better career mode. not sure if memory serves me correct but they had bjj, sambo, kickboxing, muay thai, catch wresting, boxing.. some less effective styles such as pro wresting, kung fu, luta livra.. your create a player can choose from 15 different fighting disiplines with a wide variety of moves.

game play is pretty much the same, in sudden impact you could even use the cage. ie shoot for the takedown when opponent is close to the cage and he would be on his back with his head against the cage... dont see anything like that in undisputed..

graphics are the only department undisputed has locked down. maybe the fact that there are more fighters. but i dont see bas.

dont get me wrong i would rather play undisputed im just stating the fact that thq really hasnt done anything special.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 22

If this game has the graphics and physics of Fight Night, good controls, and a good caf feature so we can create the UFC guys, then it will be amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »