Home

MX vs. ATV Reflex Update (IGN)

This is a discussion on MX vs. ATV Reflex Update (IGN) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
MX vs. ATV Reflex Update (IGN)

IGN has posted the following MX vs. ATV Reflex updates:
  • MX vs. ATV Reflex Updated Impressions (360)

Quote:
    "Onto the racing itself, I had a chance to see and try out a couple new event areas, the first of which was aptly titled Trickaholix. This indoor stunt area is fill with huge ramps in practically every direction, some made of dirt and some of steel. The overall presentation boost is seen here as well with animated lights that shine around the stadium in various colors, giving the place something of a night club vibe."
  • MX vs. ATV Reflex Hands-on (PSP)

Quote:
    "Though the PSP lacks a second analog stick, the Reflex control is also here. Rather than using a right analog stick to control your riders' body, you instead use the L and R buttons to lean in that direction. It's not quite as flexible as the console version as you can't lean forward and back the same way, though using the D-Pad to angle forward or back when hitting things like whoops works like the older games."
  • MX vs. ATV Reflex Videos (Four gameplay vids and one trailer) (360)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MX vs. ATV Reflex Update (IGN)

Sounds still need to be re-done completely.. 4 stroke sounds like a mix of a 4 stroke and 2 stroke. Not sure what it would take but THQ needs to get some samples from a track.

Corner animations are better compared to Untamed. Preloading a jump looks weird, his head looks like he's about to hit his fender lol. Hopefully the racing doesn't feel like its on the moon but that'll lose its appeal to the majority that just want to jump far.

Love the bike and rider models, thats something they've fixed every release. Graphics definitely improved as Untamed had some framerate issues on the PS3 at times.

Hopefully one day they can bring back the AMA National tracks and/or Supercross instead of leaving it up to designers to create arcadish tracks.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

From what I've read it seems like it's gonna be better than the other games in the series. The graphics in that new "freestyle" trailer are really impressive, and I'm a huge fan of little details, and I hear there's gonna be features such as realistic road deformations.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron2010
From what I've read it seems like it's gonna be better than the other games in the series. The graphics in that new "freestyle" trailer are really impressive, and I'm a huge fan of little details, and I hear there's gonna be features such as realistic road deformations.
I'll believe it when I see it. That was talked about in the last installment and it was nothing.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
I'll believe it when I see it. That was talked about in the last installment and it was nothing.
I'd be shocked if it wasn't a significant feature. They've really used it as a big selling point for this release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron2010
I'd be shocked if it wasn't a significant feature. They've really used it as a big selling point for this release.
They (THQ) pumped up Baja's track deformation as well and it was subpar.

No matter what THQ does to MX vs ATV, it'll always have an arcadish feel to it, although they were kind enough to let a community tweak with the game and put in realistic physics on the PC version.

Last edited by av7; 08-03-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
Rookie

I don't know if this is old news, but Rainbow launched a Community site for this game at http://community.mxvsatv.com, the devs have been pretty active in responding to questions and comments, and the dev blog is updated frequently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »