Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Gamespot has posted their first look at NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"The first time you hit the court in NBA 2K10, something might look a bit different. Yes, you'll notice things like the improved player likenesses, including animated faces, better skin textures, and greater lighting effects. But you might also notice a sense of space on the hardwood that simply wasn't present in previous iterations. As developers put it to me, that's because the proportions between player size and the floor had gotten a bit out of whack in older games, resulting in players that were slightly larger than in real life. The team took a look at all of the player models in NBA 2K10 and made size adjustments across the board, with the result of having a slightly more open feel to the play on the court.

Of course, correcting player proportions is just one of the issues addressed in this year's game. As gameplay producer Rob Jones told me, the team wanted to address animations in a comprehensive way this year. To that end, Jones said his mo-cap team captured something in the realm of 9,000 animations during the mo-cap sessions for 2K10. And while not all of those animations were entered into this year's game, a good chunk have either replaced older animations or been added to the game. As he put it, if an animation is pre-NBA 2K9, it had less than a 50 percent chance of making it into NBA 2K10. Part of that new animation philosophy had to do with providing further definition between players. Naturally, a point guard will have access to a different set of moves than a massive center, but developers didn't stop there. They also wanted to capture the differences between how a 7-foot player moves from how a 6-foot-9-inch player gets around the court. As a result, Yao Ming will move like Yao (assuming he ever plays again, that is), Nene will move like Nene, and Steve Nash will do his thing."
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Absolutely stunning pics. Blows away anything I have seen from Live so far
Seriously?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamiks
This statement has to be a joke. You must be a 2k fanboy at heart. Live 10 graphics are wayyy better than these. I am highly disappointed in 2K right now, and I am a 2k sports fan.
this
Old 08-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Did you notice the ThanksGiving trimming along the border in the Heat vs Blazers pict? I wonder if the audio on holidays changes?
I thought the announcers last year acknowlegded when it was Halloween or Christmas?
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Old 08-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
This statement has to be a joke. You must be a 2k fanboy at heart. Live 10 graphics are wayyy better than these. I am highly disappointed in 2K right now, and I am a 2k sports fan.
You're welcome to head back to their forum.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Live had one shot(the one with the Magic standing around) that looked really good but it's pretty suspect when that one screenshot looks completely different from the other stuff they've released.
Yeah that shot is incredible, but it's just due to the angle showing all their different muscle definition that it looks so impressive. I was just as impressed with the series of Melo screens and still think Live looks nicer. The faces in 2K10 are scary accurate though (Rose, Fisher, Artest are absolutely perfect), but we really haven't seen all that much from Live on that front. especially since many of them are making facial expressions that make their faces look different.

But yeah, graphics are definitely a personal preference thing. I like the very clean lines and high quality textures that Live has.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Off topic:

And heeeeeeeeeeeere we go

On topic:

Lookin good... Suprised me actually. Something about the facial expressions look more "human" to me.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5

http://au.gamespot.com/sports/blogs/...pdates;title;1

there's the article

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »